Resorts World Manila promising tighter security
July 11, 2017 3:00 AM
by Robert Mann
Resorts World Manila, attacked by a lone gunman last month resulting in numerous casualties, has begun a major effort to win back the confidence of its customers.
In an interview with Bloomberg last week, Kingson Sian, CEO of Travellers International Hotel Group Inc., said, “We’re spending a lot of time enhancing the overall security of the place and learning about what had happened.”
Travellers International Hotel Group Inc. is the developer and operator of Resorts World Manila.
“We obviously have to gain back the trust of our guests and the public,” he added.
Plans call for cheaper movie tickets, food discounts and free parking in addition to a new security team and the hiring of an international security consultant. Sian told Bloomberg there are plans to reveal an enhanced “containment style” defense system.
He added, “It’s one of the sad events in our history but, nevertheless, we believe in the long term potential of the industry,” Sian said. “We believe in the future of both tourism and gaming. We have a long view and we are committed to this."