Shuffle Master announces acquisition of Fire Bet from HopBetJanuary 16, 2012 8:30 PM by Ray Poirier
Shuffle Master, Inc., has announced that it has acquired Fire Bet, a craps side bet, from HopBet Inc. No financial information relative to the acquisition price was given.
The propriety side bet has some 330 installations in the U.S., the company reported.
"This is truly one of the elite products in table games," said Roger Snow, executive vice president of Shuffle Master.
"You can count on one hand the number of side bets that have ever demonstrated the popularity and longevity that Fire Bet has. This acquisition is a continuation of our strategy to build our intellectual property portfolio," he said.
Las Vegas remains the largest U.S. metropolitan area without a major league sports team but that lonely state of being appears headed for change. The scent of change is in the air as pro sports leagues and the big thinkers behind major events of all kinds peer toward Las Vegas with new respect. It all translates as opportunity.
- Trevi at Caesars celebrates National Wine Day
- Don't split 10's in blackjack
- Memorial weekend suited for Cal poker
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Superstitions can be a part of poker players lives
- Aces cracked a nice poker situation
- Wynn debuts new poker room
- The Mesquite Amateur featured on seven golf courses