Shuffle Master announces acquisition of Fire Bet from HopBetJanuary 16, 2012 8:30 PM by Ray Poirier
Shuffle Master, Inc., has announced that it has acquired Fire Bet, a craps side bet, from HopBet Inc. No financial information relative to the acquisition price was given.
The propriety side bet has some 330 installations in the U.S., the company reported.
"This is truly one of the elite products in table games," said Roger Snow, executive vice president of Shuffle Master.
"You can count on one hand the number of side bets that have ever demonstrated the popularity and longevity that Fire Bet has. This acquisition is a continuation of our strategy to build our intellectual property portfolio," he said.
The answer: a definite maybe but probably not in the next few years with one possible exception, according to my informal survey of sportsbook officials who made it clear they were not necessarily speaking for top officials.
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Arizona Charlie's has slot deals for 28th anniversary
- Curry's slip could change NBA Finals result
- Astros reflecting Houston we have a problem
- NYI 23-year series drought ends in 1st Brooklyn season
- Talladega is all about Dale Jr.
- Luxor hosts preferred poker player tournament
- An interesting maiden among the Kentucky Derby 20