Las Vegas AP reporter moves on to be news editor for HawaiiMarch 26, 2012 7:36 PM by Ray Poirier
Oskar Garcia, who for the past four years has served as the Associated Press representative in Las Vegas, is moving on as the news editor for Hawaii and the Pacific Rim.
The AP announcement was made by Traci Carl, regional editor for the West.
Garcia, 30, who studied journalism at the University of California, Santa Barbara, covered all gaming activities during his Las Vegas stint, from the growth of poker to the financial problems incurred by the casinos during the recent recession.
Based in Honolulu, Garcia will oversee Hawaii’s staff and statewide coverage, as well as Guam, American Samoa and Saipan.
SPORTS BETTING A.C.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says the state will have no role in the regulation of the sports betting that Atlantic City casinos are now free to pursue if they want to buck whatever opposition professional sports leagues may throw at them.
- Good and bad NFL teams are evident in September
- GamingToday's Bookies Battle the Point Spreads
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- GamingToday’s Beat the Big Dog football contest
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- Keselowski in best form to do well in New Hampshire
- NCAA football's Big 10 is bad, real bad
- Like GamingToday on Facebook