Las Vegas AP reporter moves on to be news editor for HawaiiMarch 26, 2012 7:36 PM by Ray Poirier
Oskar Garcia, who for the past four years has served as the Associated Press representative in Las Vegas, is moving on as the news editor for Hawaii and the Pacific Rim.
The AP announcement was made by Traci Carl, regional editor for the West.
Garcia, 30, who studied journalism at the University of California, Santa Barbara, covered all gaming activities during his Las Vegas stint, from the growth of poker to the financial problems incurred by the casinos during the recent recession.
Based in Honolulu, Garcia will oversee Hawaii’s staff and statewide coverage, as well as Guam, American Samoa and Saipan.
The answer: a definite maybe but probably not in the next few years with one possible exception, according to my informal survey of sportsbook officials who made it clear they were not necessarily speaking for top officials.
- Astros reflecting Houston we have a problem
- Luxor hosts preferred poker player tournament
- Curry's slip could change NBA Finals result
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Arizona Charlie's has slot deals for 28th anniversary
- NYI 23-year series drought ends in 1st Brooklyn season
- Talladega is all about Dale Jr.
- An interesting maiden among the Kentucky Derby 20