Portland Meadows asks for Instant Racing machinesMay 06, 2013 7:03 PM by Ray Poirier
Instant Racing has developed a new fan in the financially troubled Portland Meadows racetrack.
Officials of the track have asked lawmakers to approve the Instant Racing gambling devices as a means of generating more revenue. A bill authorizing the machines has been approved by the House and now goes to the Senate.
The gambling machines have been a big hit at racetracks in Kentucky and Arkansas.
Ray Poirier is the longtime executive editor at GamingToday.
Contact Ray at RayPoirier@GamingToday.com.
With the recent press about the possibility of an NHL team becoming a reality in Las Vegas and the continued conversations about the Raiders potentially moving to Las Vegas, should a stadium be built, there has been renewed chatter about sports wagering being legalized on a national level.
- Cavs take public with them to NBA Finals glory
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- My version of Songbird a lot more lively
- Trying to fit entity betting to MLB
- Sixers eyeing Big Ben Simmons
- Thurman-Porter on CBS is like a free PPV
- No guarantees in wide open AFC South
- NASCAR Sonoma race made for a Busch