Portland Meadows asks for Instant Racing machinesMay 06, 2013 7:03 PM by Ray Poirier
Instant Racing has developed a new fan in the financially troubled Portland Meadows racetrack.
Officials of the track have asked lawmakers to approve the Instant Racing gambling devices as a means of generating more revenue. A bill authorizing the machines has been approved by the House and now goes to the Senate.
The gambling machines have been a big hit at racetracks in Kentucky and Arkansas.
Ray Poirier is the longtime executive editor at GamingToday.
Contact Ray at RayPoirier@GamingToday.com.
Las Vegas remains the largest U.S. metropolitan area without a major league sports team but that lonely state of being appears headed for change. The scent of change is in the air as pro sports leagues and the big thinkers behind major events of all kinds peer toward Las Vegas with new respect. It all translates as opportunity.
- Superstitions can be a part of poker players lives
- Wynn debuts new poker room
- Aces cracked a nice poker situation
- Memorial weekend suited for Cal poker
- Don't split 10's in blackjack
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Trevi at Caesars celebrates National Wine Day
- The Mesquite Amateur featured on seven golf courses