Portland Meadows asks for Instant Racing machinesMay 06, 2013 7:03 PM by Ray Poirier
Instant Racing has developed a new fan in the financially troubled Portland Meadows racetrack.
Officials of the track have asked lawmakers to approve the Instant Racing gambling devices as a means of generating more revenue. A bill authorizing the machines has been approved by the House and now goes to the Senate.
The gambling machines have been a big hit at racetracks in Kentucky and Arkansas.
Ray Poirier is the longtime executive editor at GamingToday.
Contact Ray at RayPoirier@GamingToday.com.
IN THE COURTS
Sports betting at Monmouth Park racetrack in New Jersey, which was to begin on Sunday, was blocked by a federal judge who granted the temporary injunction requested by four major U.S. professional sports leagues and the NCAA.
- Ryan Newman biggest mover on Vegas odds boards
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- Vegas sports books get ready for the NBA season
- Be part of the Breeders' Cup seminars
- GamingToday's Beat the Big Dog football contest
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- GamingToday's Bookies Battle the Point Spreads
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- Like GamingToday on Facebook