Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker still hasn’t decided whether to approve a casino that is being sought by the Menominee tribe. The nearly $900 million project would locate the casino at a defunct dog track in Kenosha.
Walker has asked the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs to extend the original deadline for his decision from Aug. 23 to Feb. 19, 2015.
He said in the letter he needs more time to “develop and analyze independent data, and facilitate discussions with the interested parties.”
Ray Poirier is the longtime executive editor at GamingToday.
Contact Ray at RayPoirier@GamingToday.com.
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- Top 20 NCAA teams this college football season
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Logano set for back-to-back wins in Atlanta
- Main event at UFC 177 is Dillashaw vs. Barao
- Don't put much stock in NFL preseason
- GamingToday’s Beat the Big Dog football contest
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- Like GamingToday on Facebook