Gov. Walker undecided on tribal casino approvalMarch 10, 2014 8:01 PM by Ray Poirier
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker still hasn’t decided whether to approve a casino that is being sought by the Menominee tribe. The nearly $900 million project would locate the casino at a defunct dog track in Kenosha.
Walker has asked the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs to extend the original deadline for his decision from Aug. 23 to Feb. 19, 2015.
He said in the letter he needs more time to “develop and analyze independent data, and facilitate discussions with the interested parties.”
Ray Poirier is the longtime executive editor at GamingToday.
Contact Ray at RayPoirier@GamingToday.com.
- GamingToday's Beat the Big Dog football contest
- GamingToday Casino Games and Poker
- Odds put Gordon at goal for NASCAR championship
- GamingToday Play Free Video Poker
- Islanders stirring up betting interest in NHL
- Stanford's defense could crush Oregon State
- GamingToday's Bookies Battle the Point Spreads
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- Like GamingToday on Facebook