Early Super Bowl 50 facts to consider when betting

Jan 26, 2016 3:07 AM

SB total: Over/Under: 44.5 points

Money Line Odds: (straight-up winner, no spread) Panthers: $170 wins $100 (61% chance); Broncos: $100 wins $150 (39% chance); The Vegas favorite has won 34 of the prior 49 Super Bowls (69%)

Big Vegas Trend: NFL teams after scoring 40+ points in the playoffs (like Carolina did Sunday) are on a 5-23 against the spread (18% ATS) losing run their next playoff game!

Super Bowl action: An estimated $10 billion is projected to be bet on the NFL championship game worldwide! More than half of adult Americans are expected to have some money at risk on the game. Less than 1% of the total amount bet globally is expected to be wagered legally in Nevada.

2015 Preseason SB Odds: Broncos 10/1 (only five teams entered the season with better odds than Denver: Seattle, Green Bay, New England, Indianapolis, Philadelphia); Panthers 60/1
(only 9 teams entered the season as bigger longshots than Carolina).

Breaking Super Bowl news and odds from Pregame.com. RJ Bell on Twitter:@RJinVegas.

Email: [email protected].