Professional boxing returns to Rivers Casino for Rivers Rumble VIII
May 24, 2018 10:55 AM
by Staff & Wire Reports
Professional boxing returns to Rivers Casino on Friday, June 8, for “Rivers Rumble VIII,” presented by Rivers Casino in association with Made Men Promotions. Another exciting night is in store at the award-winning casino’s waterfront amphitheater. The venue opens at 5 p.m. and the first bell rings at 7 p.m.
The main event features Pittsburgh’s own undefeated Matt “Sweet Child” Conway (12W-0L, 5KO) in the biggest fight of his career when he battles blood-and-guts Mexican warrior Jose “El Negro” Ramirez (28W-7L, 16KO) for the IBA Intercontinental Jr. Lightweight Championship scheduled for 10 rounds. Conway, who earned his title shot after a TKO victory over Victor Abreu in February, is out to prove he belongs on the world stage. Ramirez, the former WBO International Champion, has won three of his last four fights and has faced the likes of boxing’s pound-for-pound best fighter Vasyl Lomachenko and World Champions Oscar Valdez and Abner Mares.
“Boxing fans and casino guests always enjoy the electric atmosphere of Rivers Rumble Boxing,” said Bill Keena, general manager of Rivers Casino. “What an exciting and fun way to spend a summer night, outside watching fight-of-the-year-level boxing along the river.”
The “Rivers Rumble VIII” card also features:
- Knockout artist Joey “The Hitman” Holt faces Pittsburgh’s Larry Blakey, who scored an impressive TKO victory in his last appearance at Rivers Casino.
- Montana “Too Pretty” Love, coming off his Showtime televised victory earlier this year, puts his undefeated record on the line vs. Prince Lee Isidore.
- Fan favorite Justin “The Hawk” Steave collides with James Robinson in a rematch of a closely contested match late last year in which Steave prevailed via a majority decision.
- Returning from his dramatic Showtime televised come-from-behind knockout victory earlier this year is Thomas “Gunna Man” Mattice vs. Tyrome Jones.
- Panamanian Roque Zapata takes on Eric Bledsoe, both of whom scored upset victories the last time they appeared at Rivers Casino, and now face each other.
- Crowd-pleasing Mike “Maverick” Conway crosses paths with Latorie Woodberry.
- Pittsburgh native Danny Bodish is scheduled to appear in a special attraction bout.
Tickets are on sale now for “Rivers Rumble VIII” and can be purchased at MadeMenBoxing.com or the Rivers Casino Gift Shop. Ticket prices start at $45 for reserved seating and general admission is $30. All tickets include $10 Match Play upon arrival.
For VIP seating, please call (304) 670-9406 or (724) 513-1416. All ages are permitted to attend the event at the amphitheater. Guests must be 21 years or older to enter Rivers Casino and its parking garage, where free self-parking is available. All bouts are subject to change. Rivers Casino is located on Pittsburgh’s North Shore at 777 Casino Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15212.
Other exciting summer entertainment is available at Rivers Casino’s amphitheater, including the free “Live on the River” concert series. To learn more about the entertainment offered by Rivers Casino, visit RiversCasino.com.