Louisiana mobile sports betting apps launched in January; however, Betfred was not among those initially offered in the Bayou State. That said, Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana should be launching soon, and when it does, we would expect a promo code for a welcome bonus for new account holders.
The expected bonus includes $250 in Free Bets using code SHARPBET. This offer gives a nice “safety net” for your first bet on the platform. When a bettor places a bet of up to $50, they are guaranteed not to lose. You’ll get a set of free bets to use in sequential order, including a $100 free bet and three $50 free bets. Official details are expected to be available at a later date.
While the Betfred Sportsbook app is not yet live in Louisiana, bettors can use the platform in-person at Paragon Casino Resort in Marksville. Back in October, Paragon became the first Louisiana casino to start accepting sports wagers. The facility gives bettors a unique betting experience with what it calls a “Las Vegas-style sportsbook,” as well as The Draft Room. This is a new amenity at the casino in which the Betfred Sportsbook is located, and it features 112 TVs, theater-style seating, a video wall, betting counters and kiosks, a restaurant and bar, and three VIP areas. Bets can be placed Monday-Thursday 11am–midnight, Friday 11am-1am, Saturday 9am-1am, and Sunday 9am-midnight.
Paragon is owned by the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe, so it is not regulated by the Louisiana Gaming Commission.
In total, there are nine brick-and-mortar casinos in which bettors can place sports bets in Louisiana. During the first month of in-person betting, sports fans were responsible for $27 million of betting handle in November.
Overall, Betfred Sportsbook is an innovative, accessible, and player-friendly sports betting app. It is an excellent choice for Louisiana sports betting fans for several reasons. Let’s take a closer look at everything you need to know about Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana.
Betfred Louisiana Promo Code
Once mobile betting is live in Louisiana, we expect Betfred to offer an opening bonus for new account holders. The expected bonus activates after you place your initial $50 bet. The bonus includes a total of $250 in bet credits. After the bet settles, you’ll get a set of four free bet credits over the course of a month.
|🚀 Official Betfred Louisiana Launch Bonus||TBD|
|🏆 Expected Betfred Louisiana Bonus||💰 Claim the $250 welcome bonus soon|
|Betfred Arizona & Colorado||Up to $250 in Free Bets using promo code SHARPBET|
|Terms And Conditions||Use all free bet credits within 30 days.|
|States Where Betfred Is Available||AZ, CO, IA, PA; Coming soon: LA|
|Betfred’s Local Casino Partner||Paragon Casino Resort|
|Promo Code Verified For||September 2022|
How to Use The Betfred Louisiana Promo Code
Bettors in Louisiana can sign up and create their accounts with Betfred Sportsbook today. The expected Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana bonus includes several free bets that add up to $250 using promo code SHARPBET.
As far as terms and conditions go, keep in mind that there is usually a time limit after receiving your free bet credits (not after making your account). You may need to use your free bet credits before this deadline to take advantage of the opening bonus in full.
The Betfred mobile app also has its own dedicated promotions page located on the left-hand side of the platform screen. You can click here to access all ongoing promotions; we especially like that each promotion has a “learn more” button that breaks down how every promotion works, which is very useful for new sports bettors.
When Will Betfred Louisiana Launch?
Unfortunately, Betfred has not announced when it plans to launch in Louisiana yet. When mobile sports betting went live in the state, Betfred was expected to be one of the first to launch, due to its existing retail presence. However, the operator has sat out the initial wave. So, bettors in the Pelican State will have to wait a little longer before getting to enjoy this UK-based sports betting app that is gaining popularity throughout the US.
Betfred Louisiana App Review
Plenty Of Betting Options
Betfred Sportsbook allows you to place a wide variety of standard bet types, including moneyline, point spreads, and totals bets. More interestingly, Betfred allows you to display your odds in the American standard format as well as fractional and decimal odds formats depending on your preferences.
Like many other online betting platforms, Betfred offers live betting for football, baseball, tennis, and many other types of sports. Futures markets, parlay markets, and more can all be found on this platform. All in all, there is something for everyone.
Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana has a lot to like aside from the above-mentioned opening bonus, including a variety of special promotions. For example, Betfred offers enhanced parlays which include odds boosts across a wide variety of sports markets. This means you aren’t limited to betting on sports you don’t care about.
Betfred also offers promotions like Parlay Insurance. This means that when you place a parlay that features five or more legs, you can get $10 back as a free bet if one of the legs goes south. This is an excellent promo given how risky parlay bets are compared to other types of sports wagers.
The loyalty program at Betfred Sportsbook allows you to gain points as you use the platform more frequently. Build up enough points, and you’ll eventually be able to redeem those points for rewards like prize draws, shopping vouchers, birthday bonuses, and access to an account management tool.
Not all sports betting platforms have loyalty programs, so the opportunity to earn unique rewards through Betfred Sportsbook is something all bettors should consider taking advantage of.
The Betfred Sportsbook app is very innovative. As you bet, the platform learns what types of bets you like to place and what sports draw most of your attention. Over time, you will get personalized promotions that should peak your interest. This way, the more you use Betfred, the more satisfying a betting experience you are likely to experience.
Betfred also has several self-exclusion and gambling control tools you can take advantage of if necessary. We always like to see these with mobile betting apps, as it shows that the operator is dedicated to responsible gaming.
All in all, Betfred’s mobile betting app is pretty sophisticated and innovative and it’s a shame that it doesn’t get more attention compared to other, larger operators like FanDuel. But that just means there’s no better time to try out this mobile app yourself!
How To Place A Bet With Betfred Louisiana
Betfred isn’t yet live in Louisiana, but once it is, placing a bet with Betfred’s Louisiana sportsbook will be quick and easy, as Louisiana will allow for remote registration. Simply visit Betfred’s site and complete the following steps:
- Download the iOS or Android app depending on the mobile device of your choice
- Sign up for an account by providing key bits of personal information, like your Social Security number and home address
- Let Betfred’s staff verify your information and identity. Once they do so, your account will be complete
- Then you can choose from one of several different deposit methods and start placing a bet
- Don’t forget to deposit more than $25 initially to take advantage of the opening bonus described earlier
Betfred Louisiana Sportsbook Location
Betfred Louisiana is partnered with the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe at The Draft Room. The Draft Room is located inside the Paragona Casino Resort in Marksville, Louisiana. The sportsbook lounge features 600 square feet of wall-to-wall sports.
3 Reasons You’ll Like Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana
At its core, Betfred is a flexible and versatile sports betting app for Louisiana sports betting fans. But several factors make it stand out from the competition.
In addition to the expected opening bonus, Betfred offers many other ways to boost your winnings. The Betfred Sportsbook Louisiana mobile app has its own dedicated promotions page located on the left-hand side of the platform screen. You can click here to access all ongoing promotions; we especially like that each promotion has a “learn more” button that breaks down how every promotion works, which is very useful for new sports bettors.
Betfred also offers tons of great ongoing promos, both for new account holders and for longtime bettors. This is advantageous because many other sportsbooks run out of steam after a couple of weeks of use, when there isn’t anything new to check out, or when your favorite sports season has ended.
With Betfred, there’s always something new to bet on and there are always opportunities to increase your profits by putting your money down on specific betting lines or lines with odds boosts. This makes it even better for experienced sports bettors who may like to wager cash for consistent profits. It may also be a good pick if you like to “line shop” and compare betting lines for the same event or contest.
Perhaps most interestingly, the loyalty program is one of the best we’ve ever seen. This is excellent partially because you get points just from placing bets on Betfred sportsbook. You don’t have to do anything special to accumulate these points over time.
But the rewards you get are also very much worth your time and money, especially since they include weekly cashback offers, loyalty bonuses on your anniversary, and even exclusive event invites. Simply put, if you want a sportsbook that rewards you for spending your time on the platform, Betfred is very much up your alley.
Alternatives To Betfred Louisiana
While Betfred Louisiana does have a lot going for it, we also know that players like to try out other sports betting apps from time to time. Or maybe you want a more time-tested and proven sports betting platform for long-term betting. In any case, there are several Louisiana sportsbook alternatives you can consider:
- DraftKings Sportsbook offers one of the most robust and well-developed sportsbook experiences in the state, including a betting carousel (which selects special bets you might want to make if you don’t know where to put your money). DraftKings Louisiana also offers a mobile-only betting pool, a very generous opening bonus, and some of the best market depth you can find.
- Caesars Sportsbook offers an excellent betting platform with new graphics, an intuitive interface, and a $1,100 first bet insurance opening bonus to draw in new players. There’s never been a better time to try out Caesars for yourself. Caesars Louisiana is also partnered with the New Orleans Saints. Expect to see a retail sportsbook at the Super Dome in 2022.
- BetMGM Sportsbook, which is MGM Resort’s proprietary sportsbook and one of the top choices for Louisiana sports bettors. Not only does it offer excellent live betting, but it also provides great betting markets and wager flexibility, alongside a $1,000 risk-free bet opportunity if you don’t already have an account. BetMGM Louisiana is also offering a pre-launch bonus offer.
3 Things To Know About Louisiana Sports Betting
9 Retail Locations Available
While mobile betting has yet to launch in Louisiana, retail sports betting is alive and well. Bettors in the Pelican State can place their wagers at nine brick-and-mortar casinos. The list below shows each retail location and the hours in which bets can be placed using the in-person sportsbooks:
- Boomtown Casino & Hotel New Orleans: Monday-Sunday 9am-midnight
- Harrah’s New Orleans Hotel & Casino: Monday-Thursday 11am-11pm, Friday 10am-midnight, Saturday 8am-midnight, Sunday 8am-11pm
- Horseshoe Bossier City Hotel & Casino: Monday-Thursday 10am-10pm, Friday 10am-11pm, Saturday-Sunday 8am to 11pm
- L’Auberge Casino Hotel Baton Rouge: Open 24 hours
- L’Auberge Casino Lake Charles: Monday-Friday 10am-midnight, Saturday-Sunday 8am-midnight
- Paragon Casino Resort and Hotel: Monday-Thursday 11am–midnight, Friday 11am-1am, Saturday 9am-1am, Sunday 9am-midnight
- Margaritaville Resort Casino: Monday-Thursday 10am-10pm, Friday 10am-11pm, Saturday-Sunday 8am to 11pm
- Boomtown Casino Hotel: Open 24 hours
- Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino: Monday-Friday 10 am-11 pm, Saturday-Sunday 9am-midnight
Louisiana sports bettors placed more than $27 million in wagers in the first month of retail betting. In total, Louisiana casinos raked in more than $5.6 million in revenue. Football was the sport that saw the most bets. Specifically, Bayou bettors flocked to back their hometown team — the New Orleans Saints. Nearly $1.6 million of the revenue generated came from wagers on the Saints. All of these figures are expected to increase once mobile betting is live.
Geofencing technology refers to allowing bets in legal areas and blocking bets from illegal areas. Geofencing is already being used in areas of the country where online betting has been launched. For example, a bettor in Illinois can place a mobile wager, but if they drive across the state border to Missouri, they will no longer be able to place a bet. Conversely, people in Missouri can simply drive across the state border to Illinois to bet on sports on their mobile devices.
The same concept is applied to Louisiana online sports betting. In Louisiana, bettors will have to be in one of the 55 parishes where voters approved sports betting in order to place a mobile wager. No one can place sports wagers from these nine parishes:
- West Carrol
Bettors in these parishes will have to drive to a parish that voted yes to legalizing sports betting in order to place a mobile wager.
How To Download Mobile Betting Apps
Installing sportsbook apps on your mobile device is a simple process. If you have an iPhone, all you need to do is search for the app you want to use with the App Store. You can install online sports betting apps on your Apple iOS device using the following steps:
- Search for the app in the App Store or visit the sportsbook’s website on your iPhone and use the direct link provided. This will begin the downloading process.
- Accept the app’s geolocation tracking. It needs to confirm that you’re not only in Louisiana but in one of the 55 parishes that allow online sports betting.
- Register with the sportsbook by providing basic information to verify your identity. You’ll need to include most of the information on your ID, so make sure everything matches. Bettors in Louisiana must be 21-years-old or older. You will not need to be a Louisiana resident in order to wager with Louisiana sportsbooks. You will also not need to have a Louisiana license to bet in the state.
- Set a strong password. We also recommend enabling two-step authentication.
- You’ll then have the app downloaded to your phone, and an account created on that sportsbook. You can then deposit your desired amount of funds into your account using a debit card, credit card, or e-wallet such as PayPal.
- You are now ready to place bets your bets and withdraw winnings! Don’t forget to look for any promotional offers that may be available.
Android users can do the same with the Google Play store, which now allows gambling apps. However, that is done on a case-by-case basis. Because of this, keep in mind that some apps may not be available for your Android device.
If you can’t find your app on Google Play, you can visit the primary website of your chosen sportsbook, and download the app manually from a dedicated download page.
Either way, downloading mobile sports betting apps are a quick and easy way to get in on the action.
Betfred Louisiana Sportsbook FAQs
Betfred launched its retail sportsbook at Paragon Casino in late 2021. We anticipate the Betfred Louisiana app will be live soon.
Yes, but you have to have that state’s proprietary Betfred mobile app. For example, if you want to place a bet using Betfred in Pennsylvania, you have to download the Pennsylvania Betfred sportsbook app and make a separate account. Other than that, you can register for Betfred Louisiana outside of the state, but you must be physically located in state to place a bet.
Yes. A Betfred Sportsbook is available at Tunica-Biloxi Tribe’s The Draft Room, located inside the Paragon Casino Resort.
Yes – at a rate of 10% for all sports betting winnings in person and 15% for all mobile sports betting winnings.
No, Betfred doesn’t offer any casino games to Louisiana residents and there are currently no plans to launch a casino app once sports betting is live in the state. Louisiana has not legalized online casino games in any parish.
Bettors can download the Betfred app for both iOS and Android devices at the Apple Store and Google Play Store once it’s available in Louisiana. You can also check out its browser platform, which is functionally identical to the mobile app.
No official offer is available at this time, but new bettors can register now for the Betfred Louisiana app. We expect a bonus to be available involving up to $250 in free bets using the promo code SHARPBET. Official details are expected to be released at a later date.