Golden Nugget Las Vegas debuts Football Challenge
May 30, 2018 3:00 AM
by Staff & Wire Reports
Calling all sports fans! Golden Nugget is debuting an all-new football challenge for college and pro fans alike. Home to a newly renovated Race and Sports Book with some of the highest payouts in Las Vegas, Golden Nugget is the best spot to place bets all season long.
Hosted by The Las Vegas Sportsline, airing on ESPN Radio, the new format allows contestants to make seven selections against the spread, from all NFL and college sides - excluding first-half lines - posted on Golden Nugget contest sheets at 2 p.m. on Wednesdays.
The rules for the Ultimate Football Challenge are as follows:
An unlimited number of contestants are allowed to enter for $1,000 each. Each contestant will be allowed to purchase up to two entries. Each entry, regardless of whether the entrant purchases one or two entries, is a completely separate entity.
The deadline to register at the Golden Nugget sports book is Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 10:00 p.m.
- Each week the contestant will be required to submit selections in person by Friday at 10 p.m. The following point system will apply each week:
- If a contestant does not submit their picks in advance of the deadline, they will receive zero points for the week.
- Each winning selection will be worth one point, with a tied selection being worth half a point.
- Only the ticket generated when the entrant submits their picks will be accepted as a valid entry.
- All games selected must be played within one day of original game date.
- If not played within one day, contestant will get zero points for that selection.
- Contestants are not permitted to play both sides of any one game.
The first week's games will open for play on Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 2:00 pm. The final week's plays will lock out on Friday, December 28, at 10:00 pm. All college and NFL games scheduled to take place between Wednesday at line release time and the close of play Monday which have lines at the time of each weekly release will be available for wagering.
The top twenty finishers by total points will be the contest winners. Finishers that place 11 through 20 will receive $1,000, each. The top ten will receive a percentage of the remaining prize pool with third place getting 10 percent, second place being awarded 20 percent and first place obtaining 40 percent off the remaining prize pool. In the event of a tie for any paying position, the total amount allotted to the tied positions will be divided equally among all players tying for the tied positions.
For official rules and more information about The Ultimate Football Showdown visit, https://www.goldennugget.com/contentassets/e36c105a4eb9477ba1386e3ad6df40ce/2018-football-challenge-rules.pdf or contact the Race and Sports Book.