A Preferred Player’s Poker Tournament is open to all players at Luxor as an appreciation event. The next event will be held Saturday, Jan. 2 at 2 p.m. The buy-in is $100 for 10,000 starting chips and the level length is 30 minutes.
In addition to the prize pool, there will be house funded giveaways (nothing is taken from the prize pool) during the tournament as follows:
• $20 Food Comps: The player with the most chips at the end of each break and the start of the final table.
• Starbucks: At the end of every level of the tournament, a player still in will be randomly drawn to receive a Starbucks voucher good for any one item (up to $8 in value).
• Dinner and a Show: Highest hand of the tournament will win $100 dining credit and two tickets to Carrot Top, Fantasy or Blue Man Group.
• Freeroll the Tournament: One player will be randomly chosen to win their entry money back and get to play the tournament for no charge.
• Free Daily Tournament Entries: The first player eliminated and shortest chip stack at each break and final table will receive a free entry into any daily poker tournament at Luxor ($45 value).
• Free Card Protector: All entrants into the tournament will receive a Luxor Pyramid card protector.
Players can also win the following bonus prizes by playing the tournament or cash games: Wireless “Beats by Dre” Headphones, Ipod Nano, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8G, Poker Chip Set and a Luxor windbreaker jacket. For more information, check out the details in the poker room.
Poker players can use comp dollars to purchase merchandise this week from Dec. 17-24. Items available for purchase include a pullover sweatshirt for $15 poker comp; a lantern for $7.50; cooler bags for $7.50, pizza stone for $5; an Aero knife for $5; a t-shirt for $5; a steak knife for $5; and hats for $5. Players can earn comps while playing 24 hours a day, $1 per hour.
The Gambling Hall is the place that made poker famous. Iconic among poker players for its unmatched legacy in the game today, the poker room offers 10 tables in a contemporary setting with large screen TVs.
Poker players will experience excellent service and some of the best deals in the game, including a $4 rake on all cash games, $2 in comps per hour on rated live poker play, tableside food service, and special room rates (available at the 4 Queens.)
Poker players can participate in daily tournaments, Binion’s Poker Classic, poker promotions and other special offers. Check them out in person or online at: http://www.binions.com/.
Good luck, and may the “nuts” be with you!
H. Scot Krause is a gaming industry analyst, researcher and journalist. He is a former entertainment director and 21-year resident of Las Vegas. Email: [email protected].