Luxor hosts preferred poker player tournament
April 26, 2016 3:00 AM
by H. Scot Krause
The Luxor poker room will host its next Preferred Player’s Poker Tournament, open to all players as a player appreciation event, on Satturday, May 7 at 2 p.m. The buy-in is $100 for 10,000 starting chips and the level length is 30 minutes.
In addition to the prize pool, there will be house-funded giveaways (nothing is taken from the prize pool) during the tournament as follows:
• $20 Food Comps: The player with the most chips at the end of each break and the start of the final table.
• Starbucks: At the end of every level of the tournament, a player still in the tournament will be randomly drawn to receive a Starbucks voucher good for any one item (up to $8 in value).
• Dinner and a Show: The highest hand of the tournament will win $100 dining credit and two tickets to Carrot Top, Fantasy or Blue Man Group.
• Freeroll the Tournament: One player will be randomly chosen to win their entry money back and get to play the tournament for free.
• Free Daily Tournament Entries: The first player eliminated and shortest chip stack at each break and final table will receive a free entry into any daily poker tournament at Luxor ($45 value).
• Free Card Protector: All entrants into the tournament will receive a Luxor Pyramid card protector.
Raffle drawings will be held at the conclusion of the Preferred Players Tournament for the following prizes: Vizio 39-inch smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, “Beats by Dre” headphones, poker chip set and a Luxor windbreaker logo jacket.
One raffle ticket is awarded per entry into the tournament. To win additional raffle tickets, players must hit a flush or better in either a cash game or Preferred Players Tournament. Winning first or second place in a Sit-N-Go will also get a raffle ticket.
For more information, check out the details in the Luxor poker room.
On Saturday, May 21, Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula, California, will be offering poker players another shot to win a seat in the WSOP. The Las Vegas Main Event Prize Package tournament gets underway for those who qualify by playing 30 hours of live play between May 1 and May 20.
Players who are seated during that time for an additional 40 hours or more will receive an extra $5,000 in chips during the tournament. The last player left seated takes first place and an $11,000 prize package.
Ten thousand dollars will be for the winner’s buy-in to the summer poker tournament’s main event. The remaining $1,000 is theirs to use for hotel, food and whatever else they choose to have on their stay in Vegas. The second through 11th place finishers will each take home $400.
For more information on poker or other events at Pechanga, call 877-711-2946 or visit www.Pechanga.com.
Good luck, and may the “nuts” be with you!
H. Scot Krause is a gaming industry analyst, researcher and journalist. He is a former entertainment director and 21-year resident of Las Vegas. Email: ScotKrause@GamingToday.com.