Aliante brings a new slot club for the new year
February 02, 2016 3:01 AM
by H. Scot Krause
The new year brings new club changes to Aliante Casino. The highlights regarding the Player’s Club are as follows.
• The Elite card status has been removed, and four levels now remain: Premier, Celebrity, Headliner, and Legend.
• The Legend card is no longer “secret.” How to earn this status is now published – 275,000 earned points during a six month evaluation period.
• The cards themselves have been redesigned and will be reissued starting this month.
Player’s Club members earn points while playing at machines or tables that can be used for nearly all of the hotel’s many amenities. Point earning varies by activity.
• Earn one point for every $1 of coin-in on slots, video keno and video poker, and one point for every $4 of coin-in on Optimum Play video poker. Earn 10 points for every $1 wager in bingo.
• Only points earned from playing video poker, video reels, reel slot and video keno are eligible for free slot play. (Bingo and pari-mutuel race points may not be redeemed for slot play.) Accounts with no activity (points earned or redeemed) for 13 months from the last date of activity are deemed “inactive” and all points earned in such accounts are subject to expiration.
• 1,000 points is equivalent to $1 in value with a $5 (5,000 point) required minimum per transaction to redeem points into slot play.
All points earned (except bingo and race) can be used for free slot play or for any food and beverage outlet, hotel and spa, pool, bingo and show tickets. Points earned for race and sports wagers are subject to a different set of rules, which may be obtained in the race and sportsbook.
There are now four tier levels instead of five: Premier, Celebrity, Headliner, and Legend. Acquiring a Players Club tier provides additional program offers and benefits. At the top Legend level, benefits include VIP Parking, 30% off cash purchases in the Gift Shop, two free movie tickets per month, two free buffets per month, 50% buffet point discount up to four, VIP line access, hotel discounts and more.
If you were a former Elite level member, your play from July 1 to Dec. 31 2015, was reviewed to see how many tier credits you earned. If you earned at least 15,000 tier credits during the period, they upgraded your card to Celebrity status. If not, you receive benefits at Premier tier level. Tier credits have no value and are only used to determine your tier status.
Earning tier credits varies by activity:
Slots and Keno: $1 coin in equals 2 tier credits
Keno games that are on a multi game cabinet will be treated as poker.
Video Poker: $1 coin in equals 1 tier credit
Optimum Games: $4 equals 1 tier credit
Bingo: $1 equals 10 tier credits
Table Games: Average bet and time played
Sports: Based on type of wager placed.
The tier program is evaluated every six months, earning periods are Jan. 1 to June 30 and July 1 to Dec. 31. A brochure is available at the club desk describing benefits for all tier levels.
February promotions include Cupid’s Cash & Prize Pull Tabs every Friday and Saturday. Earn a pull tab at 250 points, and the chance to win up to $10,000 in cash. Other prizes include free slot play, point grants, dining credits, resort credits, and more.
One lucky player will also win a Chrysler 300 this month. The top five drawing entry earners from Feb. 1-28 will receive an automatic spot in the drawing and $500 in free slot play. Top prize wins a new Chrysler 300. The drawing will be held Sunday, Feb. 28 at 7:15 p.m.
For more information about Aliante, visit: www.aliantegaming.com.
H. Scot Krause is a gaming industry analyst, researcher and journalist. He is a former entertainment director and 21-year resident of Las Vegas. Email: ScotKrause@GamingToday.com.