Caesars Palace still amazes at 50
June 21, 2016 3:00 AM
by H. Scot Krause
Caesars Palace is marking its 50th anniversary with a Summer of Caesars celebration that will continue throughout the year. The festivities will be highlighted with a weekend of celebration Aug. 5-6.
The anniversary celebration features exciting Total Rewards member events and sweepstakes, giveaways, a self-guided historical walking tour and photo exhibit, an interactive social photo experience, special room packages, 50th birthday offers, marquee events and more. The legendary resort set the standard when it first opened on Aug. 5, 1966 and today remains an incredible force at the center of the famous Las Vegas Strip.
Caesars Palace marks its 50-year milestone with special anniversary events and promotions including:
• Turning 50? If you are celebrating your 50th birthday in 2016, receive a $50 food and beverage credit with your stay during the Summer of Caesars. Must be a Total Rewards loyalty program member and additional terms and conditions apply;
• Walking Tour and Photo Exhibit – Throughout the summer, take a self-guided, historical walking tour and photo exhibit and discover then-and-now images and displays, iconic moments in entertainment and sports, popular movie locations, key photo-worthy landmarks and the “Five Lucky Spots.” The walking tour is free and open to the public;
• Interactive Photo Experience – Take a nostalgic picture with a Roman chariot that has been refurbished from Caesars Palace historical archive.
• I Am Caesar Sweepstakes – Launching in conjunction with the Summer of Caesars, enter for a chance to win a number of extravagant prizes and experiential packages. Go to caesars.com/CP50 for complete details and official rules. No purchase necessary. Must be 21-plus to enter;
• Special 50th Anniversary Room Packages – Four unique room packages available now through the end of the year. Choose from Anniversary Emperor, Culinary Empire, Nightlife or Indulgence. To book, visit caesars.com/CP50;
• Commemorative Merchandise – Apparel, luggage tags, magnets, pins, key chains, money clips, glassware, and a collectible 50th anniversary snow globe will be available throughout the retail outlets;
• Surprise and Delights – Special surprises, including spontaneous room upgrades, free show tickets, complimentary meals and drinks, gift baskets, spa and salon services, Forum Shops gift cards and more will delight visitors;
• Marquee Events – A roster of anniversary events will soon be announced, including a special fireworks display and celebration with live music on Sunday, July 3;
• Anniversary Weekend Celebrations – From Aug. 5-6, a number of celebratory events, including a commemorative cake and champagne toast, as well as a gala for invited guests and VIP’s will take place. For more information or to book a room for the celebration, visit caesars.com/CP50.
Points earned Monday through Friday between June 20 and July 1 may be combined and redeemed for up to $190 in free slot play per day. Points are used to determine prizes earned but participants keep their points. Visit the Club Palms booth for complete details.
Until next week… good luck and good gaming!
H. Scot Krause is a gaming industry analyst, researcher and journalist. He is a former entertainment director and 21-year resident of Las Vegas. Email: ScotKrause@GamingToday.com