DraftKings Sportsbook has arrived in Massachusetts!
With its Boston-based headquarters, DraftKings Massachusetts has a strong presence now that legal online apps have launched in the Bay State. Open an account with DraftKings Massachusetts (no promo code required) to unlock $200 in welcome bonuses at a top-rated sportsbook.
DraftKings is one of the most well-known platforms in the online sports betting industry. Its highly-regarded mobile app will make it easy for bettors in Massachusetts to wager on their favorite teams. This app review explains how to use the DraftKings Massachusetts Sportsbook promo code and takes a closer look at important features of the site.
|💰 DraftKings Massachusetts Promo Code||Click to Claim $200 promo|
|💵 Type of Welcome Bonus||Bet & Bet + Deposit & Get|
|🤑 Deposit & Get Offer||Deposit at least $5 & Get $50 bonus bet|
|🤑 Bet & Get Offer||Bet $5, Get $200 in bonus bets|
|🎰 Wagering Requirements||1x on bonus bets|
|🍎 Apple App Store Rating||4.8/5.0|
|📈 Google Play Store Rating||4.6/5.0|
|💴 Minimum Deposit||$5|
|✅ Promo Verified for||September 2023|
DraftKings Massachusetts Promo Code for New Users: Verified For September 2023
The DraftKings Massachusetts Sportsbook promo code for new bettors currently gets you $200 in bonus bets. You’ll receive a $50 bonus bet on deposit and $200 in bonus bets after making your first $5 cash wager.
Now that sports betting apps have launched in Massachusetts, bettors can enjoy the same welcome bonus that DraftKings offers in all of its other legal markets.
- DraftKings Promo Code: Not needed, click here to claim $200 in bonus bets
- Welcome Offer: $50 bonus bet on deposit and $200 in bonus bets with first $5 cash bet.
- Terms and Conditions: $5 minimum deposit;
- Responsible Gaming in Massachusetts: various RG tools and resources.
On top of the welcome bonus, DraftKings will offer several ongoing promotions for new and existing users.
Best Sports Betting Action at DraftKings Massachusetts for September 2023
September is here, marking the official end of the slow season in American sports. And with the NFL about to return for the 2023/24 season, there are no shortage of bets to make. Lucky for you, DraftKings Massachusetts has all the odds on football, baseball, basketball, and more. Here’s what’s coming up this September at DraftKings MA:
- NFL Regular Season: Week one of the NFL season starts on September 7, 2023, and DraftKings Massachusetts has tons of odds on the first games of the season, plus a great range of futures. You can bet on division winners, conference winners, player awards, the Super Bowl winner. Or, put some money down on whether the New England Patriots will make the playoffs this year (Yes +245, No -310). The Pats open their season against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, September 10.
- MLB Regular Season: It’s been a difficult year to be a Red Sox fan, but even if all hope is lost for the Sox, it’s still going to be a thrilling end to the MLB regular season. DraftKings has very competitive odds and some exciting bonuses available for baseball bettors in Massachusetts this month, plus a great live betting platform.
- FIBA World Cup 2023: International basketball is on the menu this month, with the world’s best competing at the FIBA World Cup taking place in Japan, Indonesia, and the Philippines now until September 10. You can bet every matchup pre-game or live, and DraftKings also has tons of player props available (player points, assists, rebounds, threes, combos, blocks, steals, etc.).
- U.S. Open (Tennis): The US Open, the fourth and final major tennis tournament of the year, is taking place right now in Queens, New York. Novak Djokovic (+110) is the favorite to win the men’s draw at DraftKings, just edging out defending champ Carlos Alcaraz (+200). DraftKings also has a range of interesting tournament props available, like whether there will be a first-time winner (Yes +500, No -900), at what stage various players will be eliminated, and player not to win bets (e.g. Novak Djokovic to not win: -180).
- MLS Regular Season: With the Leagues Cup over and done with, it’s time to get back to MLS regular season action, which will continue until October 21. Massachusetts fans are in for an exciting end to the season, given that the New England Revolution are one of three teams chasing FC Cincinnati at the top of the Eastern Conference. And, according to DraftKings’ odds, they have the fifth-best shot at winning the MLS Cup (+1200) this year.
DraftKings Massachusetts Promotions For Existing Customers
Some of the current DraftKings promotions include:
- College Basketball No Sweat Bet — Bet any Men’s College Basketball game and get a Bonus Bet back if it loses!
- Refer a Friend — Get a friend to sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and deposit at least $25, and you both will get a bonus bet that matches the friend’s deposit. You can only limit five friends per offer period, so pay attention to the deadline for the promotion. Also, your friend has to be brand new to DraftKings. If they already have a DraftKings DFS account, they won’t qualify for this promo.
- Daily Free to Play Pools — DraftKings does a good job offering its sportsbook customers free options to enjoy. From the NBA to international soccer and everything in between, you can enter free picks for and win some cash if you beat out your competition.
Is DraftKings Legal in Massachusetts?
Yes, DraftKings and five other mobile sports betting sites went live in Massachusetts on March 10, 2023, just in time for March Madness 2023.
Now that DraftKings Sportsbook Massachusetts has launched its mobile app, it has further expanded the reach of one of the top US sportsbooks. DraftKings Sportsbook is live with mobile and retail betting operations across US markets and in Ontario, Canada. DraftKings’ most recent launch prior to Massachusetts came in January 2023 when Ohio went live with DraftKings offering its online sportsbook.
DraftKings is also the official Daily Fantasy Sports provider of the Boston Red Sox. The agreement reinforces DraftKings’ existing relationship with one of the most storied teams in baseball. DraftKings’ daily fantasy sports (DFS) product is available in six countries internationally with 15 distinct sports categories.
DraftKings Massachusetts Sportsbook Review
With an amazing DraftKings Massachusetts welcome bonus offer, bettors in the Bay State now have access to one of the best mobile apps in the business when they put money down on the big game. The DraftKings Sportsbook app includes one of the best in-game betting platforms in the industry, a “my bets” section that makes it easy to review your activity, and a rewards tracker.
Downloading the app is easy whether you have an Android device (Google Play Store) or an iOS device (App Store). The app is quick, responsive, and relatively glitch-free as long as you have a reliable internet connection. The clutter-free interface makes it one of the easier mobile apps to navigate.
As for the types of bets, anything you can find on the web browser version of the DraftKings Sportsbook, you can find via the mobile app. It is also just as easy to manage your account from the mobile app as it is on your home/work computer.
The standard DraftKings welcome bonus is not among the industry’s best due to the attached terms and conditions. A recent three-star App Store review from December 2022 also laments how they feel they need to spend a lot of money to get the best service and offers.
That review reads, in part: “Decent book but do not expect anything besides sub par/non existent offers/customer service unless you spend LARGE amounts of money.”
How to Sign Up With DraftKings Massachusetts and Claim Bonus Offer
Step 1: Download the DraftKings App
You’ll be able to download the DraftKings mobile app for iOS devices in the App Store or for Android devices in the Google Play Store. Simply search “DraftKings” and it should be the first option. Be sure you’re downloading the DraftKings Sportsbook app, and not the DraftKings DFS app.
Step 2: Register at DraftKings Massachusetts and Claim Free Bet Bonus Offer
After you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll need to sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook Massachusetts. It’s a super simple process:
- Use our DraftKings Massachusetts promo code link, and click the “Sign Me Up” button.
- Fill out the required fields and get verified.
- Deposit a minimum of $5, and you’ll instantly land a $50 bonus bet.
- In addition, you can opt-in for the bet $5, get $200 in bonus bets promotion.
Terms and conditions:
- Must be physically located in AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, NH, NJ, OH, PA, VA, WV & WY.
- Bonus bets are valid for seven days.
- Bonus bets are not redeemable for cash.
Types of Bets Available on DraftKings Massachusetts
Here are some of the sports betting types that you’ll find on DraftKings Sportsbook Massachusetts:
Moneyline — Simply pick a team or individual to win. If they win, you win. If they lose, you lose. This is the same for every sports you can imagine. Boxing. Cornhole. NCAA basketball. Korean baseball. You name it. The favorite will be listed with negative betting odds (-200) and the underdog will be listed with positive betting odds (+200).
Spread — Spreads deal with the margin of victory. If the Boston Celtics are favored by 4.5 points (-4.5) against the New York Knicks, betting on Boston to cover would mean it needs to win by 5 or more points. Betting on New York (+4.5) to cover would mean it needs to lose by 4 or fewer points or win.
Total — Also called Over/Under bets, totals revolve around the total amount of points or runs scored in a game. For example: If the total in a Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays game is 7.5 runs, betting the Over would need the teams to combine for 8 or more runs. Betting the under would need them to combine for 7 or fewer runs.
Props — Prop bets involve individual outcomes during the course of a game. There are player props and team props. In a New England Patriots game, you could make a prop bet on Mac Jones passing for more than 2.5 touchdowns, and you could make a prop bet on the Patriots scoring on their first drive.
Futures — Future bets deal with outcomes at the end of the season. For example: You can place a futures bet on the Patriots to win the Super Bowl, or on Jayson Tatum to win NBA MVP.
Parlay — Parlays are bets with multiple legs, and all legs need to win for the overall parlay bet to win. DraftKings Massachusetts sometimes offers parlay insurance, where bettors will get some sort of refund if all but one leg of their parlay hits. You can also do a Same Game Parlay, or SGP, by combining multiple bets from one game. DraftKings also offers Same Game Parlay Extra, or SGPx, where you can combine multiple SGPs for one big SGPx with a potentially huge payout.
Live betting — Also called in-game betting, this is when bettors place wagers on games as they happen, with odds fluctuating depending on what’s happening in the game. This is a fast-paced type of sports betting, and it requires a good internet connection.
Teasers — With teaser bets, you can “buy” more favorable lines but you must place the wager as part of a parlay. The standard teaser buy in football betting is 6 points. So you could shift the line in a Patriots game from -3.5 points to -9.5 points with the same odds, but you’d need to place that bet as part of a parlay.
Alternative lines — DraftKings offers multiple lines with varying odds on select games.
DraftKings SGP vs. SGPx
In addition to letting its bettors place Same Game Parlays, DraftKings also give customers the option to place an SGPx, or Same Game Parlay Extra. This is essentially a parlay made up of multiple SGPs.
Obviously, the odds can be astronomical, depending on the individual SGPs.
How To Deposit at DraftKings Massachusetts
DraftKings Sportsbook Massachusetts will offer several methods for users to make a deposit — PayPal, ACH/VIP preferred e-check, Online banking, Skrill, Play+ prepaid cards, Debit/Credit cards, Cash at the casino cage (in states where the online sportsbook has a retail partner). Available options may vary from state to state.
How To Bet at DraftKings Massachusetts
- Register for a new account using the DraftKings Massachusetts Sportsbook promo code link.
- Make a deposit into your account.
- Navigate to the market you wish to bet on and click on it.
- Enter the amount you wish to bet into the betting slip and click on “place bet.”
How To Withdraw Winnings With DraftKings MA
- Log in to your account.
- Click on My Account.
- Click on Withdraw.
- Request an amount not more than your available balance.
Unlike deposits, withdrawals are not processed immediately. Depending on the desired method, they can take a few days (or longer).
Banking at DraftKings Massachusetts
DraftKings Massachusetts sports betting app offers a variety of banking options for depositing and withdrawing money. The minimum deposit amount is $5 for all payment methods, while the withdrawal limits range from $5–$15. There are no fees from DraftKings, but your bank might charge one. Deposit options include bank transfers, debit/credit cards, PayPal, prepaid Play+ Card, and eCheck. For cashing out, you can use bank transfers, checks, PayPal, Play+, ACH/eCheck, and wire.
DraftKings MA Cash Out Options
Cash Out is a DraftKings feature that gives you the opportunity to close out your active bet before the outcome is decided. This allows you to secure part of your winnings or cut your losses as the odds change in or against your favor.
- On selected sports, Cash Out is available for pre-game, live, future, and parlay bets and can be for more or less than your original wagered amount, depending on how events unfold following your bet placement. You can see if your bet is eligible for cash out when you add it to the bet slip.
- After placing a bet, you can Cash Out early by visiting ‘My Bets’ and selecting the yellow Cash Out button. Payouts will be made upon confirming Cash Out and the money will deposited in your account immediately.
- In some cases, you may be allowed to Cash Out your bet before the market goes live. In some other situations, once you have placed your bet and it has been accepted, you cannot cancel it. Be sure to always make sure you have the correct bet before submitting it.
Why You’ll Love DraftKings Sportsbook Massachusetts
Ease of DraftKings MA Mobile App
If you are interested in betting on the go, you will want to use the DraftKings mobile app.
It will be one of the best (if not the best) in MA. The app in other states where it’s legal is not flashy or visually impressive but easy to navigate and use. Bettors will find it just as easy to place a bet, make a deposit, or request a withdrawal on the app as they will on the web browser version on a computer/laptop.
Competitive Odds and Betting Options
Whatever your sport of choice is, the chances are good that DraftKings will offer odds on it. Whether it’s one of the major North American sports (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL), a niche sport (handball, beach volleyball, snooker), or a popular international sport (rugby, soccer, cricket), you’ll have a better chance of finding odds at DraftKings than anywhere else.
Along with competitive betting lines, DraftKings offers odds on most sporting events, including hundreds of prop bets (game and season-specific). Bettors interested in live betting will not find a better experience anywhere.
Promotions at DraftKings MA Sportsbook
The standard welcome bonus is unimpressive due to the terms and conditions, but DraftKings does a great job with promotions otherwise. It has offered a $100 bonus bet for pre-registration in other states, and MA can likely expect the same — especially with it being DraftKings’ home state.
DraftKings also likes to offer new users the chance to win $150 in bonus bets by betting $5 on specific moneyline markets.
Beyond the offers DraftKings makes to new users, it has several solid promotions for existing users as well. If you need encouragement (via promotions) to get you to come back and bet again, you are more likely to get it with DraftKings than anywhere else.
Launch of DK HORSE Betting App
On March 29, 2023, DraftKings Inc. announced that DK HORSE, the digital gaming operator’s first-ever horse racing product, has launched in 12 states and expects to launch in additional states by the Kentucky Derby on May 6, 2023. The standalone, DK Horse-branded app allows eligible customers to access pari-mutuel wagering on horse racing.
In November 2022, Churchill Downs Incorporated and DraftKings Inc. announced a multi-year agreement that will bring pari-mutuel wagering on horse racing to DraftKings. CDI’s subsidiary, TwinSpires, will provide advance deposit wagering (“ADW”) technology to DraftKings.
On March 23, 2023, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission voted unanimously to approve DK HORSE as an account wagering provider for Suffolk Downs.
The initial launch of DK HORSE will require customers to sign up and deposit funds separate from that of their one account, one wallet tethered DraftKings Sportsbook, Casino and daily fantasy sports apps. DK HORSE is expected to eventually be available initially in 21 states, pending all necessary regulatory approvals.
What First-Time Bettors Should Know
If DraftKings Massachusetts is your introduction to sports betting, familiarize yourself with these five things.
- Bonuses aren’t the same for every bettor. A promo varies based on the state in which the customer lives, and how often or not often that customer uses the app. Bonuses aren’t one-size-fits-all with sportsbooks, but using the click-to-claim DraftKings Massachusetts promo code ensures you’re getting the best available promotions added to your account at sign-up.
- Your original wager is lost with a bonus bet. If a regular $100 bet with -200 odds wins, you’ll get $150 back — the $100 wager plus $50 in winnings. But if the $100 winning bet used a promotional bonus bet, you would only get the $50 winnings deposited in your account.
- Be mindful of playthrough requirements in gambling. These essentially tell you how much money you’ll need to wager before getting the full value of the sportsbook’s bonus. For example: The deposit match portion of the DraftKings promo has a 25x playthrough requirement, which is quite high.
- Double-check parlay odds boosts. Sometimes, if you manually assemble your parlay, you’ll get higher odds than the promotional odds boost given by the sportsbook. Just be sure to double-check before opting in.
- You can’t use bonus bets on other promotional bets.
Alternatives to DraftKings Massachusetts
Here are some of the best betting apps to expect in Massachusetts:
DraftKings MA vs. FanDuel
FanDuel Massachusetts is the market leader for US sports gambling, ahead of DraftKings by a decent margin. FanDuel became a titan in the daily fantasy sports (DFS) industry starting a decade ago, and now it’s a sportsbook titan too. It’s particularly well-thought-of for its app and trend-setting odds. Its No Sweat First Bet welcome promo up to $200 is nothing to scoff at either.
DraftKings MA vs. BetMGM
BetMGM Massachusetts is headlined by its market-leading rewards program, MGM Rewards, which only serves to bolster its lineup of exciting ongoing promotions. Beyond keeping loyal bettors happy, BetMGM has a deep list of sports and leagues to bet on, and it will have a Massachusetts retail sportsbook at MGM Springfield. It will offer up to $1,500 paid back in Bonus Bets for new Massachusetts bettors.
DraftKings MA vs. Caesars Sportsbook
Caesars Sportsbook Massachusetts also boasts a high-quality rewards program with Caesars Rewards. But Caesars sets itself apart from other sportsbooks with its standard welcome promo that’s worth up to $1,000. Plus, the Caesars bonus also includes 1,000 Tier Credits, and 1,000 Reward Credits® from its loyalty program.
A significant difference between DraftKings and the other three sportsbooks mentioned is that you must deposit a lot more at DraftKings to enjoy the maximum bonus. DraftKings requires users to make a $5,000 deposit to earn the max $1,000 deposit bonus.
DraftKings MA News Updates
DraftKings announced its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2022 financial results on Feb. 16, 2023.
For the three months ended Dec. 31, 2022, DraftKings reported revenue of $855 million, an increase of 81% compared to $473 million during the same period in 2021. Revenue and Adjusted EBITDA for the three months ended Dec. 31, 2022 both outperformed the commentary previously provided by DraftKings on Nov. 4, 2022.
DraftKings is now live with mobile sports betting in 21 states following the launch of its online sportsbook product in Massachusetts, Maryland on Nov. 23, 2022 and in Ohio on Jan. 1, 2023.
DraftKings Latest Stock Quote
DraftKings 27,36 -1,44%
History of DraftKings in Massachusetts
DraftKings Sportsbook has deep roots in Massachusetts.
It was launched in 2012 by Jason Robins, Matthew Kalish, and Paul Liberman out of a spare bedroom in Liberman’s Watertown, Massachusetts, apartment. Since the DFS platform launched, DraftKings has grown and now offers an immersive sports entertainment and gambling experience across 15 professional sports and in eight countries.
Kalish is a native of Lowell and received his MBA from Boston College. Liberman attended Worcester Polytechnic.
What Can I Bet on With DraftKings Massachusetts
When it comes to betting at DraftKings Massachusetts, the possibilities are vast. The sportsbook covers all major leagues and college sports plus secondary markets like NASCAR, the PGA Tour, and the UFC. With sports betting now live in Massachusetts, bettors also have the chance to get in on the action with Boston’s five professional sports franchises:
- The New England Patriots (NFL)
- The Boston Bruins (NHL)
- The Boston Celtics (NBA)
- The Boston Red Sox (MLB)
- The New England Revolution (MLS)
Massachusetts Sports Betting Updates
Governor Charlie Baker signed the Massachusetts Sports Wagering Act into law in August, and six online betting apps went live in the state on March 10, 2023. Retail sports betting in the state launched at 10 a.m. on Jan. 31, 2023, The MGC has approved three retail licenses and 10 online licenses.
Bally Bet and Fanatics both informed the Massachusetts Gaming Commission they will not go live in Massachusetts until May 2023. Betr also announced it would not launch until possibly April.
Betway is not expected to launch in MA until 2024. PointsBet was also approved for Category 3 license but has withdrawn its application and will not launch in state, the MGC announced.
DraftKings Boston Celtics Odds
|Wed (10/25) @ 7:00pm ET||Celtics||-1.5 -110||-125||—|
|Fri (10/27) @ 7:30pm ET||Heat||+4.5 -110||+160||—|
|Fri (11/10) @ 6:30pm ET||Nets||+9.0 -110||+320||—|
|Fri (11/24) @ 1:30pm ET||Celtics||-4.5 -110||-192||—|
|Tue (11/28) @ 6:30pm ET||Bulls||+9.0 -110||+320||—|
|Mon (12/25) @ 6:00pm ET||Celtics||-1.0 -110||-118||—|
|Mon (1/15) @ 6:30pm ET||Celtics||-4.5 -110||-192||—|
DraftKings Massachusetts Sportsbook Promo Code FAQs
Sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook in Massachusetts and you’ll qualify for a Bet $5, Get $200 in bonus bets welcome bonus. You get a $50 bonus bets after making your first deposit. Next, you get $200 in bonus bets after making your first $5 cash bet. See full terms and conditions in the DraftKings Massachusetts bonus section above.
Yes. DraftKings Massachusetts was among the six online betting apps that launched on March 10, 2023.
Now that the sportsbook app is live, Massachusetts residents can access DraftKings Massachusetts via their browser or they can download it on their mobile device. From there, they’ll sign up and register for the sportsbook, enter some personal and financial information, take advantage of the DraftKings Massachusetts promo code offer, and start betting.
Massachusetts residents can also use DraftKings DFS for daily fantasy sports.
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission gave the green light for online sports betting sites to launch on March 10, 2023. That means residents can now access DraftKings Sportsbook Massachusetts.
No, DraftKings is not limited to residents of Massachusetts. DraftKings Sportsbook is also legal in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming. Gamblers must bet on sports on the app within state lines of a state where sports betting is legal.
Yes. If you are currently in any of the states where DraftKings Sportsbook is legal, you can place a bet with DraftKings. The Boston-based company uses geo-tracking technology, so if you’re in a state where DraftKings Sportsbook isn’t legal, you won’t be able to place a bet.
No. DraftKings has not yet announced plans for a retail sportsbook in Massachusetts, but stay tuned for more gambling updates in the coming months.
It will. You will be able to download the DraftKings mobile app for android devices by visiting the Google Play Store. The iOS version is available via the App Store.