As a result of the difficult decision to temporarily close its properties across the country, to date MGM Resorts International has donated over 300,000 pounds of food – or 250,000 meals – to the communities in which it operates. The company is working with local food banks to ensure all available fresh food from its resorts is safely and quickly donated to charitable organizations in several underserved areas.
For more information about individual donations, see below.
• MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, Nev.): Across Las Vegas, MGM Resorts has provided extensive on-the-ground support and in-kind donations to several local community organizations and agencies. So far, the resort group has donated 137,000 pounds of food to Three Square Food Bank, providing 114,000 meals to community members in need. Nonperishable food has been donated from multiple MGM Resorts’ properties across The Strip along with bags for the distribution of food and meals to those in need. MGM will continue to work with Three Square as well as other food banks throughout the city to manage donation intake and food storage.
• MGM National Harbor (Oxon Hill, Md.): MGM National Harbor worked with food donor partner Simply Fresh Events to contribute 55,000 pounds of food to community nonprofits such as Nourish Now. The food will provide more than 45,000 meals to Maryland residents throughout Montgomery County and Prince George’s County.
• MGM Springfield (Springfield, Mass.): MGM Springfield has donated 12,000 pounds of food to the Food Bank of Western Massachusetts, Open Pantry Community Services and Friends of the Homeless. These donations will provide over 10,000 meals to Springfield residents in need.
• Beau Rivage (Biloxi, Miss.): Beau Rivage has donated 25,000 pounds of food to Extra Table, Loaves & Fishes, Lord is My Help and the Hancock County Food Pantry for individuals and families across the city. The effort will provide more than 20,000 meals to South Mississippi families who may have suddenly found themselves in need.
• Gold Strike Casino Resort (Robinsonville, Miss.): Gold Strike Casino Resort has donated 7,800 pounds of food – or 6,500 meals – to Sacred Heart Southern Mission, a nonprofit group offering social services and a path out of poverty for thousands of families across southern Mississippi each month.
• MGM Northfield Park (Northfield, Ohio): Working with JACK Casino and JACK Thistledown, MGM Northfield Park has donated more than 3,000 pounds of food – or 2,500 meals – to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank, offering support to the Northeast Ohio community. They are continuing to donate food as more services become available.
• MGM Grand Detroit (Detroit, Mich.): In an effort to provide critical help to the city, MGM Grand Detroit has donated approximately 15,000 pounds of produce and dairy products to Forgotten Harvest, a food distribution channel equal to 12500 meals. MGM Grand Detroit also donated 3,000 gloves to medical professionals in the City of Detroit.
• Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (Atlantic City, N.J.): Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa has distributed more than 35,000 pounds of fresh food – an estimated 30,000 meals – to local charities including The Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City and The Community Food Bank of New Jersey, providing nourishment for thousands of valued Atlantic City community members.
• Empire City Casino (Yonkers, N.Y.): Empire City Casino has donated approximately 25,000 pounds – an estimated 20,000 meals – to Caritas of Port Chester, a nonprofit providing food, clothing, counseling and educational services for anyone in need in the Port Chester area.