Colorado’s sports betting market is booming in 2022, but there are many more sportsbooks you might not be aware of other than market goliaths DraftKings and FanDuel. Do yourself a favor and check out MaximBet Colorado this year. After an under-the-radar launch in the state, MaximBet Colorado provides one of the best mobile betting experiences for Colorado residents.
Below, you’ll find a breakdown of MaximBet Sportsbook in Colorado, including its advantages, downsides, and opening bonus. By the end, you’ll know whether you should give this sportsbook a shot. Let’s get started.
MaximBet Colorado Promo Code
MaximBet is currently offering an opening bonus for all new account holders: 100% up to $1,000 on deposit.
|MaximBet Promo Code & Link||Claim 100% Up To $1,000|
|Terms And Conditions||Must be 21+ to place a wager. Additional terms and conditions apply.|
|States Where MaximBet Is Available||CO|
|MaximBet’s Local Casino Partner||Johnny Nolon’s Casino|
|Promo Code Verified For||September 2022|
Additional terms and conditions apply.
As you can see, it’s a pretty competitive opening bonus. We also like that the play-through requirement is not extremely exorbitant or demanding, especially compared to DraftKings’ whopping 25x requirement.
MaximBet Colorado App Review
MaximBet’s mobile app offers a good experience both for new and experienced sports bettors alike. Part of this is because of its excellent promotions tab, which is located right under the main menu and which can be accessed easily.
The promotions include free contests and free bets, so there’s always something new to check out on this mobile betting platform. Furthermore, MaximBet provides daily odds boosts. These are great ways to boost your potential profits if you don’t know where to put your money down on a giving sporting event.
The app overall has excellent customer support, including a 24/7 live chat feature. This way, if you run into any technical problems, you can reach a person to guide you to a solution ASAP.
Of course, this betting app is one of the best if you like to put money down on local Colorado sporting events. In fact, MaximBet’s betting market depth and variety for teams like the Denver Broncos, Colorado Rockies, and Denver Nuggets is almost unsurpassed, even by larger sports betting giants such as DraftKings.
There are all kinds of bets to place, including parlay bets, spread bets, moneyline bets, and even live bets (something of a rarity for smaller sportsbooks). MaximBet also offers so-called combo bets, which are basically two-leg parlays for basketball and baseball games. These bets are great for getting into parlay wagering if you don’t want to be too risky or you don’t know how parlay wagering works.
All that said, there are a couple of ways in which the mobile app could improve in the future:
- Right now, there’s a startling lack of prop bet opportunities for all kinds of sports. It’s a rare thing to find a mobile sportsbook that doesn’t have player props for MLB games, but that’s the way of things at MaximBet at the time of this writing
- Additionally, MaximBet doesn’t offer a dedicated rewards club. Therefore, you don’t get special bonuses or rewards for wagering more money on this platform or for betting multiple days in a row. As a result, it’s not the best long-term sports betting app to use compared to the competition
- There are only two ways to withdraw your cash: Skrill or Mazooma, which allows you to go through with an online bank transfer. You have one extra deposit method, Visa or MasterCard debit and credit card transfers. But we’d like to see more withdrawal options in the future
All in all, though, MaximBet Colorado is a smooth, intuitive, and enjoyable mobile sportsbook app. It could be a great platform to check out if you want something different from the larger, more established sportsbooks on the market.
How To Place A Bet With MaximBet Colorado
Fortunately, placing a bet with MaximBet is pretty quick and easy. You can get started by opening a new account as detailed below.
- Just had to the sportsbook website and click “Join Now”.
- You’ll need to enter some personal information to get the ball rolling, including your home address, birthday, and the last four digits of your SSN. But this is standard stuff for signing up for any mobile sportsbook.
- Next, you’ll create a password and confirm that you are 21 years old. MaximBet’s staff will make sure that you are eligible for an account.
- You can download the app on iOS and Android devices depending on your preferences.
- Once your account is set up, simply choose a deposit method (of which there are three) and fund your account. Keep in mind that there are opening bonuses to take advantage of.
- You can then start placing bets on MaximBet Colorado!
MaximBet Colorado Sportsbook Location
At the time of this writing, MaximBet doesn’t have a retail sportsbook location. But it is technically partnered with Johnny Nolon’s Casino, which is located in Cripple Creek Colorado. However, this is still a relatively new sportsbook and it has a long way to go before it becomes a major competitor.
MaximBet might eventually start a retail sportsbook at this partnered casino or at another location somewhere in Colorado. But we don’t know when the book will be constructed.
3 Reasons You’ll Like MaximBet Sportsbook Colorado
Not sure whether you should try MaximBet’s Colorado sportsbook for yourself? In our opinion, there are three main reasons why you might want to try this sportsbook platform for at least a couple of weeks.
Excellent Opening Bonus
For starters, MaximBet has a pretty good opening bonus with a unique format compared to the competition. Most other sportsbooks just give you a little free site credit for your first wager or protect your first wager with a refund bonus.
The only real downside to the bonus is that you have to use or play through the site credit within a week of earning it or it expires. But it’s still much better than many other sportsbook bonus offers on the market.
Good Betting Markets for Local Events
Next, it’s a good Colorado sportsbook specifically because it offers excellent betting markets for local NFL, NBA, and MLB games: the trifecta of popular American professional sports for Colorado residents.
This might be partly because MaximBet is only active in Colorado at this time. No matter what, Colorado residents who like to put money down on local teams more than international sporting events will find a lot of great betting opportunities on this mobile platform.
Last but not least, this mobile betting platform has excellent ongoing promotions, both on a daily and weekly basis. Lots of mobile sportsbook apps become relatively boring to use after you burn through their opening bonuses.
But MaximBet offers daily odds boosts, regular promotions for specific leagues or upcoming Colorado gaming events, and much more. Therefore, you could feasibly use this sportsbook for months on end and never really be bored, provided you take advantage of all these promotional opportunities.
Alternatives to MaximBet Colorado
While MaximBet is an excellent middle-of-the-road sportsbook to try out, there’s no denying that there are several worthy alternatives you might be better off using for your “main” sportsbook platform, at least until MaximBet grows a little larger. Some of the best alternatives to MaximBet Colorado include:
- DraftKings, arguably the “king” of the mobile sports betting industry. This huge sportsbook operator recently launched in Colorado and brings with it a very generous opening bonus, some of the best betting market depth and variety you can find, and an excellent mobile app interface and live streaming function. All in all, it’s a great choice for mobile sports betting, in part because of its mobile-only betting pools.
- BetMGM Sportsbook, which also recently launched in Colorado and offers a $1,000 risk-free bet as its opening bonus. Plus, regular players can take advantage of a good rewards program and $10 in free weekly bets just for using the app regularly. Live streaming, good market depth, and a minimalist interface make this a great betting platform overall.
- Caesars Sportsbook, a top-tier sports betting app, is available in several states. This betting platform now has a first bet insurance up to $1,100 and a variety of bet types and betting markets.
Colorado Sports Betting
Sports betting in Colorado launched in 2020 after a lengthy legalization process. However, once the ball got rolling, online sportsbooks started launching very quickly. Now there are over two dozen legal Colorado betting sites to check out.
Additionally, there are 31 commercial casinos, many of which are already partnered with sportsbooks like MaximBet. Because of this setup, you can register for online sportsbooks accounts remotely and cash out remotely in many cases as well.
There are very few limitations when it comes to Colorado sports betting; you can’t place proposition bets on college games and you can bet on any high school events, but those are pretty standard restrictions.
MaximBet has actually been in Colorado since the beginning of its sports betting industry, though it was under a different name: SportsBetting.com. A new partnership between Maxim and the Carousel Group led to the development of its new, robust mobile app, which eventually came to be called MaximBet.
Now, MaximBet is looking to expand into other states besides Colorado (the only state where it legally operates at this time). It expects to launch in New Jersey, Indiana, and Iowa. Time will tell whether MaximBet becomes a major force to be reckoned with in the sports betting industry or if it stays in the middle of the pack for the foreseeable future.
MaximBet Colorado Sportsbook FAQ
Yes, MaximBet is fully legal and licensed to operate in Colorado.
Yes. Colorado is the only state with an active MaximBet online sportsbook at this time, though that may change in the near future.
No. Even though you can register from anywhere, you must be within Colorado state lines to place a bet on the MaximBet sports betting platform.
No, not yet. However, it has partnered with a retail casino, so a retail sportsbook with MaximBet branding is not out of the question in the future.
According to Colorado’s sports betting legislation, all winnings are taxed at a rate of 10% for any casino sports betting proceeds. This includes any mobile sportsbooks since all many books are partnered with retail casinos throughout Colorado.
MaximBet offers a 100% deposit match up to $1,000.