Gamblers comb through the sportsbook menus and find offers for perhaps one final stab at NBA Finals series props.
If they opt to roll the dice on major longshots or lay significant juice, they still have several options regarding the Miami Heat vs. Denver Nuggets championship series.
With Denver leading the series 3-1, the final game could be tonight. That alone will probably boost overall betting, including props.
NBA Finals Series Price
With Miami on the ropes, the Nuggets’ series price has tightened up into prohibitive territory. Believers in Heat comeback can get a fat price on a miracle outcome.
NBA Finals Series Price Updated Ahead of Game 5
|DraftKings||FanDuel||BetMGM (Code TODAY)||Caesars (Code 'TODAYFULL')|
Heat vs. Nuggets NBA Finals Series Props
Series MVP (DraftKings)
Nikola Jokic has been everything advertised, and any other player would have to produce three monster games to steal the MVP award while he was mediocre. Remote, as the odds reflect, but posted nonetheless.
- Nikola Jokic -5000
- Jimmy Butler +3000
- Jamal Murray +3000
Exact Series Outcome (DraftKings)
Denver in 5 matches the Game 5 moneyline price, so there is no edge in selecting this bet or the moneyline.
- Denver 4-1 (-380)
- Denver 4-2 (+550). Allows for a Heat Game 5 upset and a Nuggets triumph in Miami for Game 6.
- Denver 4-3 (+1000). Well, if the Nuggets lost Game 5 at home, there’s a logical chance they could drop Game 6 on the road and then win at home.
- Miami 4-3 (+2000). For the diehards. This price of course matches the Heat’s series price.
Highest Scoring Individual Game for the Series (DraftKings)
Jokic’s 41-point gem in Game 2 is a lofty target.
- Jokic -2500
- Butler +1200. He can catch fire.
- Murray +1500. So can he.
- Ben Adebayo +15000. The first entry in the list of mammoth longshots.
Number of Road Victories (DraftKings)
Imagine having placed this bet after Game 2: Four road victories, +950. That bettor would now have three and a chance for four with Miami in Game 5.
Three road victories, which is the total right now, was priced at -130 before Game 3. There was an expectation that Denver would sweep Games 3 and 4 on the road, which it did.
Going for the Moon NBA Finals Props Menu (DraftKings)
For some bettors, this is all that’s left, but there are some bombs away opportunities. These are all +15000, or 150-1, with good reason. A player would have to break the following records to win any of these wagers:
- Elgin Baylor’s record of 61 points in an NBA Finals game.
- Robert Horry’s mark of seven steals in one NBA Finals game.
- Steph Curry’s record for nine 3-pointers in one NBA Finals game.
Sure, these are ultra-remote. But people play the lottery too.
FanDuel NBA Finals Props Bettors: One More Shot With the Big Man
Jokic has been a dream magnet both for bettors and the books. High points, rebounds, assists props have been presented for him every game. Here’s the Jokic Five for the possible last gasp in the NBA Props section:
- Jokic to score 40 + points twice in the series, +550. He already did it once, with 41 in Game 2. This is a difficult task with a high payout.
- Jokic 20 + boards twice in the series, +1100. He’s done it once, and it’s another big ask, big pay scenario.
- Jokic to record 65 PRA (points, rebounds, assists) at least once in the series, +480. Well, he sure came close in Game 3, totaling 63. You would need a similar scenario, as in Miami playing well enough to necessitate his presence all the way throughout the game. If this game reaches overtime, he has an excellent chance to pull this off.
- Jokic 45 points in a game, +2300. He had 41 in Game 2 and would have hit this number had the game went to OT.
- Jokic 15 assists, +950. He had 14 in Game 1. Jokic has been around something monumental in terms of props in each game.
Does he have one crowning-moment type game left in him? Backers of these bets believe he does.
Jamal Murray Props
The first two don’t represent chasing. They are fairly realistic.
- Murray to have 10+ assists in every game, +195. He had exactly 10 in the first three games of this series and 12 in Game 4, so this is right about at the edge of his productivity. Nonetheless, a good return for something with a reasonable chance to happen.
- Murray to have a Double-Double every game, +145. Another one with a good chance. Realistic possibility, good-enough payday.
- Murray 40+ points in one game, +2700. His high is 34, in Game 3.
- Murray, 2nd Triple Double in the Series, +1600. He did it in Game 3, pairing with Jokic to become the first teammates to record a triple-double in the same NBA Finals game. Does he have one more in him? It’s a great price if he does. Buyer beware, he barely made it with 10 rebounds and 10 assists in Game 3.
Jimmy Butler Props
Here is one involving Jimmy Butler.
A Butler Triple Double, +2600. He has generally come up short in one or two of the big categories in every game. Hence the high price.