As the end of July approaches, the heart of the desert weather phenomena known as “monsoon season” (A seasonal reversal of wind and rain patterns) nears.
Although there were traces of rain in various Vegas valley neighborhoods this past Sunday into Monday morning, things have stayed pretty dry. Mini rain drought? Perhaps. A drought on gaming promotions and specials, however? Not necessarily. Here are a few things going on this week.
• “Downtown Dough”: Monday through Saturday can pay off if you play at Downtown Grand. All you have to do is play as a Grand Rewards member for the chance to win up to $1,000 in free slot play. On Wednesdays you can “double your dough” with the ability to earn up to $2,000 in free slot play. Qualification for this requires earning 250 tier points.
· Free Daily Slot Tournament For New Members: First-timers signing up for the Grand Rewards Club qualify to receive a free tournament session for each day of their reservation. Another option available, for those without a reservation, is qualifying for the first two days after signing up. First place gets $50 in free slot play, 2nd place gets $25 in free slot play, 3rd-5th place gets $10 in free slot play, 6th-10th place gets $5 in free slot play. Tournament sessions last one minute, and the highest score is calculated towards the player’s overall ranking. You can gain additional tournament sessions for every 50 base points you compile each day.
• “Hard Hat Happy Hours”: Construction workers looking for a break after a hard day’s work do not have to look further. By signing up for Grand Rewards, you gain access the “Hard Hat” specials that are friendly on your pockets. At the Furnace Bar on the casino floor, attend to your thirst with $3 drafts and $2 shots. Food specials, including burgers, wings and chicken fingers start at $3.75. This special seems to be a nod to the construction taking place over recent months on the venue’s new tower.
• Triple George Grill: Get $25 off your tab at Triple George Grill when you spend $100. Take advantage of this special through Sept. 3.
• “$400,000 Spin 2 Win”: Players have an opportunity to load up on points and free play with this one. Point-based prizes of 100,000 points, 50,000 points, 25,000 points, 10,000 points, 5,000 points and 2,500 points are up for grabs.
In terms of free play, you can win in the amounts off $100, $50, $25, $10 or $5. What you do for your chance to win is earn 500 same day points on slots or 2,000 same day points on video poker, Monday through Thursday for the rest of the month. After collecting the necessary amount of points, you test your luck by touching the “U-Spin” button on your machine. You can spin up to four times a day.
• “High Hand Of The Hour”: This Saturday and Sunday, South Point is looking to pay whoever gets the highest hand each hour. Payouts are $100 per hour from 1 a.m. through 12 p.m. Payouts raise to $200 per hour from 1 p.m. through 12 a.m. Hours that do not have a qualifier will have the money carried over into the next hour.
• Bingo “Super Session”: South Point bingo room is back with its Super Session this Friday and Saturday (July 24-25). No reservations are required for this one. Doors open up at 6:30 p.m. and expect the action to get started at 8 p.m. There are electronic specials: Get five free for buying five-packs, with $50 totaling 60 cards; 10 free for buying 10 packs, with $75 totaling 120 cards; and 15 free for buying 15 packs, with $100 totaling 180 cards. In order to use electronics, you need a minimum of two packs. However, there’s no maximum. There are also paper and electronic specials: $15 additional six-packs, $2 double action and $2 three-on coverall strip.
• “Young At Heart”: Next Tuesday, “B Connected” members over the age of 50 on Sapphire tier and above earn unlimited 11x bonus point multiplier, a free “Bingo Blue Pack” at the kiosk (depending on location), and have a chance at the “$2,500 Weekly Celebration Spin.”
Participating venues include Cannery, The Orleans, Gold Coast and Suncoast.