The Chargers lost a heartbreaker to the Cowboys at SoFi in Week 6. The Chiefs, on the other hand, did what they do best: win. Now, Week 7 is here and KC’s Super Bowl futures at +500 (Best Live Odds: ) are shortening while LAC at +3200 (Best Live Odds: ) are lengthening. Which squad comes out on top at Arrowhead?
Can anyone stop Patrick Mahomes and Taylor Sw — er — Travis Kelce? The Chiefs, after all, have one of the top-ranked scoring offenses in the league. Well, if there’s any team that can go cleat-to-cleat with KC, it could be Los Angeles. At 388.8 yards per contest, the Chargers rack up the third-most yards per game in the NFL. Based on the 5.5 spread, can LA keep up?
Check out our Chargers vs. Chiefs odds, props, and predictions.
Chargers vs. Chiefs Spread, Moneyline, Total
Here are the best available NFL odds for moneyline, spread, and point totals across the top sports betting apps. Click on the odds you would like to place a wager on. And learn more about sports betting promos when signing up to receive bonus bets.
- Spread: Chiefs -5.5 (-110); Chargers +5.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Chiefs -235; Chargers +294
- Over/Under: 47.5 points scored by both teams combined
Chargers vs. Chiefs Betting Trends
- Chiefs are 4-2 against the spread (ATS) this season and are 5-1 straight up (SU)
- Chargers are 2-3 ATS and 2-3 SU
- Two of the Chiefs’ games have hit the Over and four have hit the Under
- Two of the Chargers’ games have hit the Over and three have hit the Under
- Patrick Mahomes has passed for 1,593 yards and 11 touchdowns this season
- Justin Herbert has passed for 1,333 yards and 9 TDs
- Chiefs are 2-1 ATS as the home team this season
- Chargers are 1-1 ATS as the away team this season
Chargers vs. Chiefs Props
Live props are available in the above game tiles, and prices for the first half at FanDuel Sportsbook are below:
1st Half (FanDuel)
- Chiefs -3.5 (+115); Moneyline, -190
- Chargers +3.5 (-105); Moneyline, +156
Chargers vs. Chiefs Analysis and Prediction
Tough loss for the Chargers at “home” last Monday night. Other than super fan Merrianne Do who really won the night, the crowd at SoFi was jam-packed with Cowboys faithful. The 2-3 Chargers now bolt to the middle of the country to face a red-hot Chiefs team in what is essentially a must-win for Los Angeles.
As a starter in the league, Chargers QB Justin Herbert is 27-27 straight up. Not helping LA’s plight is head coach Brandon Staley, whose in-game coaching decisions over the past couple of seasons have been met with criticism by fans and analysts and by bettors who back the Bolts. One thing that Staley does do well, however, is cover ATS as an underdog. In that category, he’s got a 9-4 record.
While Chiefs’ HC Andy Reid’s 122-116-4 record ATS as a favorite might make some bettors hesitant to wager on KC covering, picking the Chiefs’ moneyline could be a no-brainer. Every year since 2013, they’ve had an overall winning record in the regular season.
When it comes to touting the Chiefs’ ability to win matchups, their offense usually takes center stage. They’ve got Mahomes, the player whose MVP odds are second on the board at +340. There’s also Kelce, the tight end who could finish his career as the greatest to play the position in the league. KC also has playmakers like Kadarius Toney who find ways to be effective despite playing injured.
And the Chiefs’ defense is also top-tier. That unit ranks fifth in rushing defense and sixth in total defense.
With all this in mind, expect a close one in Kansas City. But we’re taking Showtime Mahomes and his crew to come out on top.
- Chargers +5.5 (Best Live Odds: )
- Chiefs moneyline (Best Live Odds: )
How to Watch Chargers vs. Chiefs
- Date: Sunday, October 22
- Time: 4:25 p.m. ET
- Location: Arrowhead Stadium — Kansas City, MO
- Network: CBS