For a third consecutive NFL season, Circa Sportsbook will run Circa Sports Million Football Contest, their popular NFL handicap contest. This time a whopping $4 million is guaranteed to be paid out to those who show the best expertise at picking NFL games against the spread.
Circa Sportsbook has also announced they will offer Circa Sports Survivor once again.
Circa Sportsbook, located inside the Circa Las Vegas Resort, features a dazzling multimedia and aesthetic smorgasbord designed to satisfy the appetite of any sports betting fanatic. The three-story complex includes a 60-yard wide, 78 million pixels screen, a swimming pool, and stadium seating. Visitors have access to feeds of live game action from around the sports world, and analysis from sports handicappers from network broadcasts, podcasts, and more.
How Circa Sports Million Handicap Contest Works
- Circa Sports Million III: five picks per week.
- Get one point for each correct selection and one-half point for each push.
- Three contest entries per person ($1,000 per entry)
- In Nevada: Play in-person at any of our sportsbooks or enter picks through the Circa | Sports app
- Outside Nevada: Register in-person with a proxy, so they can submit your picks for you each week from within Nevada.
- Best overall handicap record will win the $1 million 1st place prize
- Payouts to 2nd-50th place
- Payouts to leaders in each “quarter” of the 2021-22 NFL season
- Quarter worst record and overall worst record will be paid $20,000
Contestants may register and enter at Circa Resort & Casino Las Vegas, Golden Gate Hotel & Casino, the D Las Vegas, Tuscany Suites & Casino, or The Pass at Water Street.
When Circa Sports Million was introduced for the 2019-20 NFL season, the total payout was $1.5 million. Last year it increased to $3 million, and this year’s guarantee payout is $4 million. The first place winner will receive $1 million, and each quarter there will be $250,000 payout to the top three leaders and a “booby prize” for the worst score overall.
Circa Sports Million III will pay from first to 50th place for the 2021-22 NFL contest. Another new wrinkle will be the way the “quarters” of the season are carved up, since the league has added an 18th week and a 17th game to the schedule. For the purposes of paying out the quarter winners, the first quarter for Circa Sports Million will be weeks 1-4, the second will be weeks 5-9, the third quarter will be weeks 10-13, and the final quarter will be weeks 14 through 18.
Circa Sports Survivor
The Circa Sports Survivor from Circa Sports contest will payout even more money than Circa Sports Million this year: a record $6 million, with an additional bonus if you go undefeated in the regular season.
- Entry to the Circa Sports Survivor is $1,000, and each person may enter up to six times.
- You must register on-site at the Circa Las Vegas Sportsbook, but there are proxy services available to assist those people who do not live in Nevada in getting their picks in.
- You must pick a team to win their game for each week (no point spread)
- Players may only use a team once.
- Thanksgiving Day games and Christmas Day games count as their own “week.”
- There will be a total of 20 weeks, and players must go 20-0 to advance to a possible $1 million bonus payout.
- In the final week of the NFL season, you must use one of the two Super Bowl LV teams (Buccaneers or Chiefs) for your pick to be eligible for the $1 million bonus.
Last season in the Circa Sports Survivor, there were 1,390 contestants, and 35 of them went 18-0, to qualify for the undefeated $1 million bonus.