NFL · Sun (1/16) @ 1:04pm ET
|Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida
Sports Betting Spread: Tampa Bay Buccaneers -9 vs Philadelphia Eagles +9
The title defense begins for Tom Brady and the Bucs, who at times this season looked like a well-oiled offensive machine, and at other times appeared to be a few quarts dry. Brady will be looking to reach his eleventh Super Bowl, and while his supporting cast has never been so young, he still has Rob Gronkowski as a favorite target heading into Wild Card Weekend.
The Bucs ranked third in the NFL against the run this season, so the Eagles will need Jalen Hurts to put the football in the air. Some observers are reporting that Hurts may have to look over his shoulder in the playoffs if he isn’t able to move the offense against the Bucs. The second-year QB is more known for the limbs below his knees than the one hanging from his right shoulder (13 picks against only 21 TDs), and if Philly falls behind to Tampa Bay, we could see Gardner Minshew under center for the Eagles.
Notes on the Bucs:
- The Bucs are 10-1 Straight Up (SU) in their last 11 games at home
- Last year in the playoffs they scored 30 points in all four of their games.
- Tampa Bay was a ho-hum 9-8 Against The Spread (ATS), but 6-2 ATS at home.
Notes on the Eagles:
- Philly was 5-4 on the road ATS, and 8-7-1 overall.
- The last time the Eagles met the Bucs in the NFL Playoffs was 20 years ago, when Tampa won the NFC title.