The Green Mountain State has joined the list of states with legal sports betting. Even though the state is tucked away in the northeast, as a character says of a rugged partner in John Hughes’ marvelous film Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: “She may be little, but she’s strong!”
Both DraftKings Vermont and FanDuel Vermont sports betting apps became available in the state on Thursday. Fanatics Vermont joined the mix as well.
Here, we break down where and how to bet in Vermont.
FanDuel Vermont: Bet $5, Get $200 in Bonus Bets
A new market means welcome offers, and that’s what the people of Vermont are getting from one of the leading sportsbooks in the industry. Our experts rate FanDuel as “Best for iOS and Android App” in the state.
- Bet $5, Get $200 in Bonus Bets on any market.
- New VT users of FanDuel are eligible only.
- This sports betting promo is for Vermont only.
- Use this promo for the FanDuel app or sports betting site.
To claim this Vermont sports betting promo, newly registered users need only to deposit at least $10 and bet $5 to receive $200 in Bonus Bets. Your bonus bet credits will appear in your FanDuel account as soon as you place your first real-money wager (of at least $5).
The FanDuel betting app is an excellent choice for sports fans who want to see what sports betting is all about. It was the first sportsbook in the US to offer same-game parlay odds. A same-game parlay is when you combine events from the same game into one bundled bet. Use your bonus bets from this betting market promo offer in Vermont on a same-game parlay for the NFL, Celtics, Bruins, and more.
Details of the VT Sports Betting Offer From FanDuel
You can utilize your $200 in Bonus Bets (eight $25 credits) on any sports market, including:
- NFL Playoffs Wild Card Weekend (six games from Saturday, Jan. 13 to Monday, Jan. 15)
- College Basketball
- European Soccer
- Professional golf
- Much more
With the VT sportsbook bonus, the $200 Bonus Bets are awarded as eight (8) $25 bonus credits.
- Valid 1 per new customer
- Minimum $5 first bet required
- Excludes customers who redeemed $200 in Bonus Bets in the Vermont pre-launch offer
- Bonus bets are non-cashable and cannot be withdrawn
- Bonus bets must be wagered a minimum of one time (1x), and your stake is not included in any winnings
- Your FanDuel Vermont bonus bets expire seven days (168 hours) after being placed in your new account
- This sports betting promo will run in VT through Feb. 11, 2024, at 11:59 PM ET
Vermont is the 21st state where FanDuel mobile betting app is available. Though the state does not have a major professional sports team, residents are loyal to their teams. Hockey, basketball, and football are wildly popular in the state.
DraftKings Vermont: Up to $1,250 in Bonuses and a Celtics Promo
Sports fans have another household name available to them with the launch of legal Vermont sportsbooks. At DraftKings VT, you can receive up to $1,250 in welcome bonuses when you sign up with Gaming Today’s click-to-claim DraftKings promo code.
Here’s how it works:
20% Deposit Match (Up to $1,000)
DraftKings users in Vermont can grab $1,250 in bonuses. The biggest chunk of that comes from a 20% deposit match up to $1,000 (25x playthrough). In order to maximize this bonus, you’d need to make an initial deposit of $5,000.
$50 Bonus Bet With $5 Deposit
This one’s pretty simple. Open a new account with DraftKings in Vermont, deposit $5, and BAM! you get a $50 Bonus Bet.
Bet $5, Get $200 in Bonus Bets
- Valid 1 per new customer in Vermont
- Excludes customers in the state who redeemed $200 in bonus bets via the DraftKings prelaunch offer
- Min. $5 deposit. Min. $5 bet to claim this offer from DraftKings
- Your $200 in bonuses are issued as eight (8) $25 bonus bets
- Bonus bets are non-cashable and cannot be withdrawn
- Bonus bets must be wagered 1x
- Your stake is not included in winnings
- The DraftKings VT bonus bets expire in 7 days (168 hours)
If that weren’t enough, ALL customers get a NO SWEAT Same-Game Parlay every day from the betting experts at DraftKings.
Celtics NBA Offers From DraftKings VT
This weekend, Vermont sports fans can also take advantage of an exclusive promo offer for betting on the Boston Celtics.
DraftKings VT is offering a “token” style boost promo. That means you need to place the eligible wager on this event, and once the event takes place, your “token bet” pays off.
Double Your Money if the Boston Celtics Score a Point vs. Milwaukee Bucks (Friday, Jan. 12)
- Opt-in required (after you register with DraftKings)
- A $50 Max Bet is allowed on this Celtics game for this boost
- One (1) +100 Odds Boost token per customer for the eligible market only
- Boost Tokens are single-use only for VT customers
- You must select the token in your betting slip window BEFORE placing a bet
- Boost only applies to winnings on this NBA wager
- Boost token expires at the start of the eligible wagering market
DraftKings is one of your best choices for sports betting in Vermont. Our reviewers have named it “best for ongoing promos.”
Vermont marks the 26th state for DraftKings Sportsbook, which is also available in Ontario, Canada. The tiny state in New England holds a special significance for the company.
“As a Boston-based company, we are thrilled for the opportunity to further expand in the New England region and provide Vermont with access to safe and legal sports betting,” DraftKings North America president Matt Kalish said in a press statement earlier this month “Vermonters will now have the opportunity to engage with their favorite sports on our industry-leading DraftKings Sportsbook app.”
DraftKings participates in the American Gaming Association’s Have A Game Plan ® Bet Responsibly™ public service campaign and promotes responsible gambling in each state where it’s available. All of the sports betting apps we recommend to Vermonters here at Gaming Today are safe, secure, and can be trusted when placing your wagers.
How to Sign Up With Vermont Sports Betting Apps
Becoming a customer of FanDuel or DraftKings in Vermont is simple:
- You must be at least 21 years of age to register
- Claim the welcome offer by clicking one of the “Play Now” links above
- Verify your identity and location in the state
- Respond to a confirmation email from the sports betting operator
- Connect a funding source (debit card, credit card, bank, PayPal, and more)
- Make your first deposit
- Place wagers on your preferred sporting events
Remember always to observe responsible gambling practices. That means setting a budget for your sports wagering, never chasing losses, and only wagering for entertainment. Do not bet to earn income, and never place money at stake that you cannot afford to lose.