Yes, there are two huge NFL Playoff games this weekend, as Championship Sunday is here. But there are other opportunities for you to enjoy sports betting in New York as well.
The Nets have a possible NBA Finals preview on the west coast on Saturday. The Islanders are pushing for the best record in the NHL’s Eastern Conference. The Knicks have a rubber match against the defending NBA champs.
Best Offers For Online New York Sports Betting
- FanDuel New York: Claim your $1,000 risk-free bet
- BetMGM New York: NBA One-Game Parlay Insurance. Place a One Game Parlay with at least four legs on any NBA game. If all legs hit but one, you’ll get your stake back in Free Bets, up to $25. Claim once per day.
- Caesars New York Sportsbook: Get up $1,500 deposit match ($50 minimum deposit) with code TODAYCZR
- DraftKings New York Sportsbook: Claim a $50 free bet + a 20% match up to $1,000
Noteworthy Weekend Games for New York Bettors
Favorites in bold, spreads and totals as of Thursday.
NFL Playoffs, Championship Sunday
- Sunday, Jan 30: Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs (-7, 54.5), 3 PM EST
- Sunday, Jan 30: San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams (-3.5, 46), 6:30 PM EST
Top NBA Games This Weekend
- Friday, Jan 28: Celtics at Hawks, 7:30 PM EST
- Saturday, Jan 29: Nets at Warriors, 8:30 PM EST (more on this NBA matchup below)
NCAA Men’s Basketball
- Saturday, Jan 29: Michigan at #10 Michigan State, 12:30 PM EST
- Saturday, Jan 29: #22 Marquette at #17 Providence, 4:30 PM EST
The Marquette/Providence clash is the only meeting of Top 25 teams this weekend.
FanDuel College Basketball Parlay Insurance: Place a 4+ Leg parlay wager with cash on any men’s NCAA basketball games and if exactly 1 leg of your parlay loses, you get a refund in site credit (max $25 in total daily refunds)
*Reminder: New York’s sports betting law prohibits sportsbooks from taking bets on in-state collegiate teams.
Weekend Sports Schedule For New York Teams
The Nets will be on national TV on Saturday as they face Kevin Durant’s former team in San Francisco. Unfortunately, Durant won’t be in uniform: Durant is likely sidelined until after next month’s NBA All-Star Game due to an MCL injury, Yahoo! Sports reported.
Still, the game between the Warriors and Nets could be an NBA Finals preview, even with The Thin Man out of the lineup. Kyrie Irving will be able to play in this game on the road, and Steph Curry (who’s been in a shooting funk of late) will oppose him.
- Saturday, Jan 29: Nets @ Golden State Warriors, 8:30 PM EST
Also Read: How Durant’s Injury Impacts NBA MVP Odds
New York Knicks
It’s a light weekend in the NBA due to the big football action also taking place, but this is a game the Knicks have had circled on their schedule for a while. New York started the season with six wins in their first nine games, culminating in a surprisingly lopsided win in Milwaukee against the defending NBA champs. Then in early December, the Bucks battered NY at Madison Square Garden. So this is a rubber match, and a chance for the struggling Knicks to measure themselves against one of the best teams in The Association.
- Thursday, Jan 28 Knicks @ Milwaukee Bucks, 10 PM EST
NBA Slam Dunk Promo: Turn $10 Knicks Bet into $200 at BetMGM NY
New York Islanders
The Isles are 7-2 since the calendar turned to 2022, which has vaulted them into the playoff hunt in the Eastern Conference. They face a pair of difficult games at UBS Arena: the Kings on Friday and the Wild on Sunday evening. If the Isles can split those two games, they will say a lot about whether they can sneak into a playoff spot.
- Thursday, Jan 27 Islanders vs. LA Kings. 7 PM EST
- Saturday, Jan 29 Islanders vs. Seattle Kraken, 2 PM EST
- Sunday, Jan 30 Islanders vs. Minnesota Wild, 7:30 PM EST
New York Rangers
The Rangers are 5-1 SU in their last six games, which has helped them nip at the heels of the Panthers for the best record in the East. Beginning Thursday in Columbus, the Rangers have a three games in four nights stretch. But Sunday’s home game will be the second in two days for the Kraken, and the Rangers will be large favorites in that contest.
- Thursday, Jan 27 Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets, 7 PM EST
- Friday, Jan 28 Rangers vs. Minnesota Wild, 8 PM EST
- Sunday, Jan 30 Rangers vs. Seattle Kraken, 1 PM EST