Welcome to another edition of Gaming Today’s 2023 Bookies Battle. We’ll announce the winner for the second quarter of the NFL season and look at the consensus for Week 10 picks.
Congratulations to Brian MacGillivray (Barley’s Casino) for first place in the second quarter. They win $500 with the 35-21 record, just edging out second place. A reminder that $500 will be rewarded for the upcoming third and fourth quarters of the season. A quick recap of the $8,000 purse:
- $3,000 to the regular-season winner
- $1,000 to second place
- $500 to each quarterly winner (quarters are Weeks 1-5, 6-9, 10-13, 14-18)
- $2,000 to the playoff winner (the top 10 regular-season finishers, plus the four quarterly winners, advance to the playoff portion of the contest)
Top Consensus Picks for NFL Week 10
- Pittsburgh Steelers – 78% of picks | PIT -3 vs GB
- Cincinnati Bengals – 74% of picks | CIN -6.5 vs HOU
- Las Vegas Raiders – 74% of picks | LV +2.5 vs NYJ
- Carolina Panthers – 67% of picks | CAR +3.5 at CHI
- Dallas Cowboys – 65% of picks | DAL -16.5 vs NYG
Two-thirds of our bookies will start with a win in NFL Week 10. The Chicago Bears may have won, but the Panthers +3.5 hits on the spread. It was an ugly affair, which was expected. Both teams had just three total wins heading into the contest.
The top consensus pick of the week is Steelers -3 against the Packers. There isn’t the dreaded hook along with the spread, which makes it more attractive to select. Green Bay looked better in a 20-3 win against the Los Angeles Rams a week ago, but it’s been a real struggle for them throughout most of the season.
Cincinnati has rebounded after a slow start. Despite Houston quarterback C.J. Stroud having a phenomenal game last time out, most of our bookies are still taking Bengals -6.5. Also, most contestants are laying the large Cowboys -16.5 spread against the Giants.
NFL Week 10 Picks
The following list shows each matchup for Week 10. The teams picked the most will have a percentage next to them. The spread will be shown for the opponent.
- Panthers 67% at Bears -3.5
- Colts -1.5 at Patriots 52%
- Texans +6.5 at Bengals 74%
- Titans +1.5 at Buccaneers 52%
- Browns +6 at Ravens 52%
- Packers +3 at Steelers 78%
- 49ers 57% at Jaguars +3
- Saints -2.5 at Vikings 61%
- Lions 59% at Chargers +1.5
- Falcons 52% at Cardinals +1.5
- Commanders +6 at Seahawks 53%
- Giants +16.5 at Cowboys 65%
- Jets -2.5 at Raiders 74%
- Broncos +7.5 at Bills 54%
NFL 2nd Quarter, Week 9 Winners
Congratulations again to Brian MacGillivray (Barley’s Casino) for taking the second quarter of the 2023 Bookies Battle. They finished Weeks 6 to 9 with a 35-21 record, one game ahead of Michael Piranio (Mandalay Bay). Six contestants finished in third place with a 33-23 record.
Kenny Martin (Caesars Sportsbook – Horseshoe Tunica) and Louie G Martin (Casablanca/virgin River) tied for first place with an 11-2 record. Kenny Martin lost on Thursday Night Football, but the only other defeat he took was Atlanta. Both of our top performances had a loss with the Falcons.
How Brian MacGillivray finished at the top of the second quarter was a 10-3 record in Week 9. Four total bookies finished in third place with that same record.