NFL preseason contests are not known for being competitive, but many fans consider preseason games better than no football. The stars will probably not take the field Friday night when the Green Bay Packers visit the Cincinnati Bengals, but sportsbooks will carry Packers vs. Bengals odds along with a selection of prop bets.
Green Bay is a 4.5-point favorite on betting boards as of Wednesday afternoon, and the Over/Under ranges from 34.5 to 35.5 points.
Packers vs. Bengals Odds: NFL Preseason Week 1
Here are the Packers vs. Bengals odds from several of the best NFL betting sites in the country.
NFL · Fri (8/11) @ 7:00 pm ET
|Paycor Stadium, Cincinnati, OH|
The big question mark surrounding preseason games is the status of each team’s star players. Joe Burrow will undoubtedly be out for the Bengals as he is dealing with a calf strain expected to sideline him for weeks.
As for the rest of Cincinnati’s starting group, head coach Zac Taylor has said he is open to playing starters in the team’s preseason opener but has yet to commit to giving anyone time. Historically, he has held his starters out of preseason games. But the team’s slow start last season has him considering a change of course.
However, he talked about starters playing in the second and third preseason game at the team’s pre-camp luncheon. So, don’t count on seeing any of them Friday night.
Green Bay usually opts to keep starters on the sideline for preseason games, but Matt LaFleur may need to take a different approach this year. He has yet to state his intentions, but LaFleur has said he is considering giving Jordan Love and the wide receivers significant time in all three preseason games.
As for Love's preseason playing time, LaFleur said he could "potentially" see Love get extensive game action.
— Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) July 25, 2023
Why? Love has only thrown 83 passes in the NFL and could use the game reps with his wide receivers.
Bengals vs. Packers Preseason Betting News and Trends
- Matt LaFleur has gone 3-7 SU and 2-6-2 ATS in preseason games as head coach of the Packers
- Zac Taylor has gone 3-7 in preseason games as head coach of the Bengals
- Taylor is 1-4 SU and ATS at home during the preseason
- Both teams went 1-2 in the preseason last year
- Underdogs are 58-49-4 ATS in the last three preseasons
- The favorites went 31-15-1 SU and 24-18-5 ATS during the preseason last year
- The Over went 25-22-1 during the preseason last year but went 14-3 in Week 1
- The all-time series regular season record between the Bengals and Packers is 7-7, with Green Bay winning the last two (in 2021 and 2017) in overtime by a field goal
Read more: Five NFL preseason betting tips
Packers vs. Bengals Props: Limited Menu Available
Winning Margin (FanDuel)
- Green Bay Packers by 1-13 pts +140
- Green Bay Packers by 14+ +220
- Cincinnati Bengals by 1-3 pts +240
- Cincinnati Bengals by 14+ +800
Half Time (DraftKings)
- Packers -2.5 (-110)
- Bengals +2.5 (-110)
- Over/Under 17.5 (-110)
- Packers moneyline -155
- Bengals moneyline +130
Total Team Points (bet365)
- Packers O/U 20.5 (-120)
- Bengals O/U 14.5 (+105/-145)
- GB Packers/CIN Bengals +1100
- GB Packers/GB Packers +100
- GB Packers/Tie +3500
- Tie/CIN Bengals +2200
- Tie/GB Packers +1400
- Tie/Tie +5500
- CIN Bengals/CIN Bengals +230
- CIN Bengals/GB Packers +550
- CIN Bengals/Tie +3000
Packers vs. Bengals Prediction
Neither head coach prioritizes winning preseason games (both went 1-2 last season). Expectations should be low for this game as both coaches will likely focus on evaluating players. Zac Taylor knows he has a talented roster and will not want to risk getting anyone the team will need in Week 1 injured.
Matt LaFleur will also want to avoid taking any unnecessary risks with his starters. But since the team is transitioning from Aaron Rodgers to an inexperienced Jordan Love, the Packers may be slower to take guys out of the game.
If Love plays and can click with his receivers early on, the Packers should win this game. But there is no telling if that will be the case.
Our Pick: Take the Under
How to Watch Packers vs. Bengals
Friday, Aug. 11: Green Bay Packers vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 7 p.m. ET
Location: Paycor Stadium, Cincinnati, OH
Broadcast: NFL Network