Australian-born company PointsBet is making an impressive push in the US sports betting market. The PointsBet app is already live in ten states with several more states expected to launch in 2022 and has key partnerships including NBC/NBC Sports as their exclusive odds provider and Hawthorne Race Course in Illinois. PointsBet is a great addition to any Illinois bettors’ arsenal with their unique betting markets, so claim your exclusive PointsBet Illinois promo code and bonus offer.
PointsBet Illinois Promo Code
New bettors in Illinois who use code BONUSDAY will receive two risk-free bets up to $2,000. One fixed odds bet up to $500 and one PointsBetting wager up to $1,500. Terms and conditions apply.
|PointsBet Illinois Promo Code||BONUSDAY|
|Terms and Conditions||Two risk-free bets up to $2,000 - one fixed-odds wager up to $500 and one PointsBetting wager up to $1,500. Additonal terms and conditions apply.|
|PointsBet Legal States||CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV|
|Promo Code Verified For||July 2022|
|PointsBet Illinois Local Partner||Hawthorne Race Course|
In addition to the strong new user offer, PointsBet also has ongoing promotions for current customers, such as:
- Same Game Parlay boosters for all NBA, NFL, and NCAAB games
- Daily specials for parlay boosts
- PointsBets Rewards loyalty program
- PointsBet Diamond Club (VIP Program)
- Referral program
PointsBet Illinois App Review
The PointsBet sportsbook app is very user-friendly and boasts 4.5 and 4.7-star ratings on the Google Play Store and App Store, respectively.
In addition to being simple and easy to use, the PointsBet app has distinctive features like a search bar prominently displayed on the home page of the app, making finding games and leagues incredibly fast.
Types Of Bets Available With PointsBet
The PointsBet app has nearly anything and everything Illinois bettors could want from a sportsbook. This includes both the available sports and sports leagues as well as the depth and variety of bets. You can wager on anything from the NFL to Finnish basketball to Romanian soccer.
Taking a look at individual games, there were 145 available wagers for a game featuring the Chicago Bulls and Indiana Pacers, while Super Bowl LVI had 215 available wagers more than a week out from the game.
PointsBet App Key Features
Just in case you aren’t sold on PointsBet just yet, there are more unique features for the sportsbook.
- “Name A Bet”: The name is exactly what it sounds like. You can request odds for a bet you’d like to see and PointsBet might feature your bet.
- “PointsBetting”: This feature is incredibly unique but also poses a massive risk. Instead of odds being fixed for a game at something like -110, your wager is multiplied depending on the outcome of the game. Essentially, the “more right” you are about a game, the more you could potentially win. On the other hand, however, your wager also gets multiplied if you lose your bet by a wide margin. It certainly offers more excitement as every single point matters, but new bettors should tread lightly.
How To Place A Bet With PointsBet Illinois
- Download the PointsBet app – The PointsBet app is available for both iOS and Android devices and can be found by searching “PointsBet sportsbook” on your phone.
- Register a PointsBet account. You’ll need to provide some identity-verifying information, such as:
- Social Security number
- Claim your PointsBet Illinois bonus offer – New users who sign up with our exclusive code BONUSDAY will get risk-free bets up to $2,000.
- Deposit money into your PointsBet account – There are multiple ways to fund your PointsBet account, but the easiest are credit/debit cards, online banking, or PayPal.
- Place a bet – Finding the bet you want to place on the PointsBet app is easy. On the home screen, you’ll see popular and featured games to bet on, or you can use the Menu and Sports icons on the bottom of the app. Click on the wager you want to make, enter the amount, and finalize your bet.
- Withdraw your winnings – You can receive your funds via online banking, PayPal, ACH/eCheck, or as cash from one of Hawthorne’s three locations.
There is one sports betting restriction to be aware of in Illinois. Betting on in-state collegiate teams is illegal from mobile devices. If you really want to bet on the Fighting Illini or Loyola, however, you can place pregame wagers in-person at a retail sportsbook.
PointsBet Illinois Locations
PointsBet was awarded its Illinois license after securing a partnership with Hawthorne Race Course and there are three brick and mortar locations Illinois bettors can visit. Hawthorne also has plans of adding a fourth PointsBet sportsbook location in the near future.
Hawthorne Race Course
3501 S. Laramie, Stickney, IL 60804
The first of the Hawthorne and PointsBet partnerships, the Hawthorne Race Course is just 10 miles from downtown Chicago and is also the first sportsbook to open on the southwest side of the city.
- Self-service betting kiosks
- Betting concierge counter
- Over 60 HD TVs
Club Hawthorne Crestwood and PointsBet Sportsbook
13148 Rivercrest Dr., Crestwood, IL 60445
This sportsbook has been completely remodeled recently to feature a top-of-the-line experience for Illinois bettors.
- A massive 163” LED video wall
- Twenty four 75” TVs
- Betting kiosks
- Betting clerk stations
- Full kitchen and bar
Club Hawthorne Prospect Heights and PointsBet Sportsbook
1250 S. River Rd., Prospect Heights, IL 60070
Featuring another revamped space, Prospect Heights was the second standalone sportsbook to open following the Crestwood location.
- Betting kiosks
- Betting concierge service
- 100 TVs
- Two all-weather outdoor patios
- Full kitchen and a wrap-around 100’ bar
- Beer garden
The hours for Hawthorne PointsBet sportsbooks aren’t exactly clear, as a Google search includes “Call for Sportsbook hours” on their information panel. Hawthorne does provide information on their website with the same hours for all three sportsbooks, but it’s probably a good idea to call ahead just in case. Hawthorne PointsBet Sportsbook’s hours are Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m.-9 p.m. and Monday through Friday 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
3 Reasons You’ll Like PointsBet Illinois
There’s a lot to like with PointsBet, but here are the top three reasons you’ll enjoy wagering with PointsBet.
Easy To Use App
The PointsBet app is easy to navigate and intuitive to use, even for first-time Illinois bettors. On the PointsBet app home screen, you can select popular upcoming games, live games, and games starting soon. If your game isn’t there, finding it is easy with their search feature or list of sports to scroll through.
Once you select the wager you want to start with, you can clearly see the amount you’re wagering, your potential winnings, and the total payout. If you want to do a parlay, there’s an easy-to-use “Start Parlay” button on your bet slip.
Unique Betting Markets
PointsBet has a plethora of betting options available for almost every game but displays them in a way that is not overwhelming for bettors who simply want to place a bet on a points spread. The numerous betting markets go beyond the popular US sports and include international leagues that aren’t as heavily betted. As mentioned above, PointsBet also has exclusive options that aren’t found on other online sportsbooks, including their “Name A Bet” and “PointsBetting” features.
Daily Parlay Boosts
PointsBet offers two daily parlay boosts with no max bet and no max payout. What’s even better is your winnings are paid in cash to your account and are withdrawable. Most other sportsbooks that have similar offerings are paid out in bet credits or are only applicable to certain sports with other terms and conditions attached to them.
Alternatives To PointsBet Illinois
With several sportsbooks currently available to Illinois bettors including BetMGM Illinois, there are other sportsbooks to consider depositing your money into.
- DraftKings – DraftKings is the clear top dog in Illinois as they have handled nearly 36% of all money wagered in the Prairie State. Carrying a more established reputation and integration to their daily fantasy sports platform, DraftKings is will be on the shortlist of sportsbooks to consider in Illinois. Click here to claim $50 in free bets in addition to a 20% deposit match on DraftKings.
- FanDuel – FanDuel is quite similar to DraftKings in that they have a DFS operability and are a more trusted brand for most US sports bettors. FanDuel sportsbook ranks third in total money wagered in Illinois at over $1.7 billion. FanDuel’s limited-time new user bonus is also more intriguing than what PointBet currently offers.
- Caesars Sportsbook – If rewards programs are your jam, Caesars is a step above PointsBet. With your Caesars rewards credits, you can redeem them for items like sports tickets, bonuses, and VIP experiences. The Caesars new user welcome offer is also way more enticing, as you can get first bet insurance up to $1,100. Click here to claim your Caesars offer.
Illinois Sports Betting
Sports betting in Illinois was officially legalized in June 2019 when Governor Pritzker signed the Gambling Act into law. The first bets weren’t placed until March 2020 and online sports betting in Illinois launched later that year in June. Illinois jumped out to a hot start and hasn’t looked back. Illinois has currently seen the fourth-highest money wagered across the US at over $8.1 billion. The only states ahead of Illinois are New Jersey, Nevada, and Pennsylvania.
PointsBet Illinois FAQs
Yes, PointsBet launched in Illinois in September 2020 and is licensed by the Illinois Gaming Board.
No. PointsBet is legal to use in a handful of additional states, including Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, and West Virginia. PointsBet is expected to launch in Pennsylvania soon.
Yes, as long as you are within one of the above states. If you’re in a state where gambling is not yet legalized or PointsBet hasn’t been approved, then you won’t be able to place any wagers.
Yes. PointsBet has partnered with the Hawthorne Race Course and there are currently three locations available with a fourth launching later this year.
PointsBet is available for both iOS and Android users and can be found in the App Store and Google Play Store, respectively.