1. STREET SENSE 7/2: Had super work, likes Churchill Downs, and the class. Looks first or second if he gets a reasonable post.
2. NOBIZ LIKE SHOBIZ
5/1: Trainer knows how to get a horse ready for the Derby and this guy looks like he will be there from start to finish.
3. ANY GIVEN SATURDAY 6-1: A nose to the top pick. Look for him to take back on this Saturday and make a late run.
4. SCAT DADDY 8/1: Part of the strong Pletcher contingent and the price just may be right. His only out of the money performance was a troubled effort in the BC Juvenile.
5. CURLIN 8/1: Has many obstacles to overcome and may be overbet.
6. CIRCULAR QUAY 10/1: Another Pletcher entry who must come from far back and is coming into this race off much too long of a layoff.
7. TIAGO 12/1: Distance will be no problem for half brother to Derby winner Giacomo. Also has same exact connections, but you won’t see 50-1.
8. GREAT HUNTER 12/1: Trainer O’Neill looks to have this guy ready for a top effort. Had an excuse in the Bluegrass and may be the price play of the day.
9. LIQUIDITY 15/1: The other O"Neill. Mr. D still likes this guy and is making some equipment changes in the 12th hour to see if he can finally get him to run his race.
10. STORMELLO 20/1: Has talent but looks to get chewed up in the early going.
11. HARD SPUN 20/1: Breeding says he can run all day and is not without a shot.
12. COWTOWN CAT 25/1: Looks to be part of the pace.
13. DOMINCAN 25/1: Loved the poly track but has a lot to prove here.
14. STORM IN MAY
30/1: 13 lifetime starts. Only Teuflesberg has more with 15. This guy is super consistent, having hit the board 12 times. He just might be good one to use in the superfecta wagering.
15. COBALT BLUE 50/1: Looks to have little or no shot here, but Merv wanted to be in Derby, so there you are. I wish he did have a chance with this scribe sitting on a future ticket at 250/1.
16. SEDGEFIELD 50/1: No chance. Clearly, an also ran.
17. ZANJERO 50-1: Was one of three heads on the wire in freakishly run Bluegrass Stakes. He does loses G. Gomez.
18. XCHAGER 50/1: If you happen to be at the window and get a ticket on him, I suggest you go back and exchange it. Find some other horse.
19. SAM P 50/1: The low end of the Pletcher horses. Sure looks like he needs lesser.
20. BWANA BULL 50/1: Lightning would have to strike.
21. TEUFLESBERG 50/1: His trainer Jamie Sanders is just happy to be here if this one gets in. He had 11 starts as a two year old and did win a 6f long sprint at CD, toss.