1. Army: Losing to New Hampshire virtually assures a 0-12 season. Next loss: Akron.
2. Syracuse: The Orange were squeezed at Northwestern and peeled at home by Akron. Next loss: Penn State
3. Florida Intl: After two road losses (40-10 and 42-0), no relief at home in two weeks against South Florida.
4. Michigan: The Wolverines continue to struggle. They could make Notre Dame look good.
5. Maryland: Mighty Middle Tennessee pulled the upset. The Terps won’t versus Cal.
6. New Mexico: The Lobos were on life support vs. Texas A&M. They’ll be flat-line with Arizona.
7. Wash St: In two PAC 10 games, the Cougars were beaten by an average of 45 points. It will be closer at Baylor, but same result.
8. Colorado St: The Rams win, but face no more 1AA schools. Next loss: Houston.
9. Arkansas: Coming from behind to beat UL-Monroe? That won’t happen at Texas.
10. Boston Col: Losing at home to Georgia Tech (a Dirty alumnus) hurts. They might get lucky against a deflated UCF.
11. North Texas: Who gives up 101 points in two games? LSU will pad that total.
12. UAB: If it weren’t for North Texas, the Blazers would have the nation’s worst defense. Next blowout: Tennessee.