1. Florida: Gators get their first real test at Tennessee. The Vols eased past UAB after losing a tough opener to UCLA in Pasadena.
2. Oklahoma: Sam Bradford and the Sooners will avenge their 2005 loss to TCU.
3. USC: The Trojans just have too much firepower for Pac 10 rival Oregon State.
4. Georgia: The Bulldogs looked vulnerable at South Carolina. They face another tough road game at Arizona St.
5. Missouri: Maybe improved Buffalo will slow the Tigers. Nevada couldnít.
6. Auburn: Home cooking will be flavorful this week in key SEC matchup with LSU.
7. LSU: Les Miles needs a different strategy. The Tigers have lost four straight at Auburn..
8. Texas: There wonít be any hurricanes around this time to rescue Rice.
9. S. Florida: Gutsy win against Kansas in Tampa. Watch for a letdown against Florida International.
10. Penn St: The Nittany Lions blanked Temple the past two years. Could it be 3?.
11. Wisconsin: The Badgers have lost four in a row at Michigan. But this isnít the same Michigan.
12. E. Carolina: The Pirates were flat against Tulane, but survived. They regain focus here against NC State.
13. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders get another scrimmage this week with Massachusetts.
14. Oregon: The Ducks should win a scoring-fest against Boise State at home.
15. Ohio St: The refs were unkind to the Buckeyes in LA. The rehab begins this week against Troy.
16. W. Forest: Deacons have won two straight against Florida State. This one could be a nailbiter.
17. Utah: The Utes will avenge last yearís loss to Air Force in trying to keep the unbeaten season going.
18. Oklahoma St: The Cowboys get an extra week in the bunkhouse so their spot here is secure.
19. BYU: The Cougars were unreal against UCLA. The reality for Wyoming isnít good.
20. Alabama: The Crimson Tide should roll Bobby Petrino and the Arkansas Razorbacks.
21. Vanderbilt: The unbeaten Commodores take their show on the road to Mississippi.
22. Nebraska: The Cornhuskers finally face a BCS school, Virginia Tech, in two weeks.
23. Kansas: The Big 12 Jayhawks were unlucky to lose at South Florida.
24. Mississippi: The Rebels will justify this ranking with a victory over Vanderbilt. The loss was to Wake Forest.
25. Arizona St: The Sun Devils were caught looking ahead to Georgia this week.