1. Wash State: Maybe the Cougars can get a victory against Division 1AA Portland State.
2. Syracuse: See above, only substitute Northeastern University for Portland State.
3. Army: Two weeks for the Cadets to prepare for Akron won’t be enough.
4. Michigan: The Wolverines’ ineptitude will reach new depths against Wisconsin.
5. Idaho: If the Vandals don’t beat Utah State, they will climb in the poll.
6. Rutgers: The Scarlet Knights should beware of the dreaded Navy Midshipmen.
7. Florida International: Unbeaten South Florida could score 50 on this cupcake.
8. UAB: Alabama Birmingham should not expect Alabama State to be a pushover.
9. N. Texas: Averaging 10 points a game won’t cut it in two weeks against high-powered Rice.
10. Colorado State: A week off won’t lessen the upcoming shellacking this week with Houston.
11. Memphis: The Tigers just keep finding ways each week to lose games.
12. UCLA: How do you not score against a defense that is ranked in the bottom 10 percent?