1. Wash State: Cougars got their token win. Now back to the ‘L’ column with Oregon.
2. Syracuse: See above, only substitute Pittsburgh in Big East game at the Carrier Dome.
3. Army: Only 3 points against Army? Texas A&M should win by 45.
4. Idaho: The Vandals gave up 42 points to Utah State. The Aztecs will score 50.
5. Michigan: The Wolverines’ home winning streak against Wisconsin ends Saturday.
6. Rutgers: Fresh off its loss to Navy, the Scarlet Knights are poised to drub FCS Morgan State.
7. Florida International: Panthers had a pulse against South Florida. Toledo won’t be so therapeutic.
8. UAB: Alabama State was a welcome respite, but South Carolina won’t be.
9. North Texas: Averaging 10 points a game won’t cut it this week against Rice.
10. Memphis: The Tigers return to mediocrity this week against Arkansas State.
11. UCLA: In his first year, Rick Neuheisel has lost two games by 80 points. Pete Carroll has lost 14 at USC by just 59.
12. Florida State: Losing at home again to Wake Forest should signal the end to Bobby’s era.