1. Oklahoma: The Sooners now have a clear path to the BCS title game after losses by USC and Georgia. Baylor will provide the next road kill.
2. Missouri: The Tigers should score early and often against Nebraska’s suspect defense.
3. LSU: After dodging the Mississippi State bullet, the Tigers prepare for Florida showdown in two weeks.
4. Texas: Longhorns have a tricky trip to Colorado before the shootout at the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma.
5. Alabama: Nick Saban has the Crimson Tide rolling. Bama has yet to trail in a game.
6. South Florida: The Bulls should handle Pittsburgh in Big East Conference play.
7. Penn State: Joe Paterno’s squad finally leaves Happy Valley for a heated battle with Purdue.
8. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders take their aerial circus on the road to Kansas State.
9. Florida: The Gators begin their rehab against the hapless Arkansas Razorbacks.
10. Auburn: The Tigers can’t celebrate their close win over Tennessee with unbeaten Vandy on deck.
11. Georgia: Maybe Mark Richt should have used some more motivation than black shirts.
12. USC: The Trojans will find the Oregon Ducks every bit as troublesome as the Beavers.
13. Ohio State: The Buckeyes face a tooth-and-nail battle in Madison.
14. Utah: The Utes catch Oregon State off biggest win in decades in another Thursday night special.
15. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys are poised to avenge last year’s loss to Texas A&M.
16. BYU: Off a bye week, the Cougars should be fresh to score 60 on Utah State.
17. Vanderbilt: The Commodores’ bubble will burst this week against Auburn.
18. Virginia Tech: The Hokies continue to clumb the polls. The next rung is Western Kentucky.
19. Wisconsin: The Badgers’ brutal schedule continues with improving Buckeyes.
20. Kansas: The Jayhawks won the last two matchups against Iowa State by a combined 86-17.
21. Oregon: The Ducks try for two wins in a row against Southern California.
22. Wake Forest: The Demon Deacons failed to heed the sandwich warning against Navy.
23. California: The Bears are poised to maul Arizona State and avenge last year’s loss.
24. Michigan State: The Spartans travel to Iowa, who are angry over losing at home to Northwestern.
25. Nebraska: If the Cornhuskers had a defense, they would have a home on this list.