1. Wash State: Cougars should punch UCLA’s ticket out of here.
2. Syracuse: Orangemen had a pulse against Pitt, but they’ll be flatlined against West Virginia in two weeks.
3. Army: The Cadets off a surprising effort against Texas A&M will be a not-so-live dog at Tulane.
4. Idaho: The Vandals catch Nevada in a letdown spot, if that’s any comfort.
5. Notre Dame: The Irish did win and cover against Purdue, but they come back to earth against Stanford.
6. Rutgers: Scarlet Knights got token win over Morgan State, but return to "L" column at West Virginia.
7. Miami: The Hurricanes couldn’t generate a stiff breeze against North Carolina.
8. UAB: The Blazers have a reunion with Dirty Dozen alumnus Memphis.
9. North Texas: See UAB, but substitute Florida International as an opponent.
10. New Mexico State: The Aggies blew their best chance to end 5-game skid against the rival Lobos.
11. UCLA: If the Bruins can’t beat Washington State this week, they become etched in stone.
12. UNLV: Could’ve, should’ve, would’ve didn’t cut it with Reno. Cleaning up their act: Michigan, FSU, Memphis, Florida Intl.