1. Wash State: Cougars have elevated losing this year to an art form.
2. Syracuse: Orangemen are bad, but have shown flashes of cleaning up their act.
3. Michigan: Wolverines, like a hapless alcoholic, fell off the wagon against Toledo.
4. Idaho: The nation’s worst defense is showcased again this week at Louisiana Tech.
5. Utah State: The Aggies punch Nevada’s ticket back into the win column.
6. Rutgers: The Scarlet Knights can fall off the Dozen with a win over Connecticut.
7. Miami: The struggling Hurricanes may find an ill wind at pesky Duke.
8. UAB: The Blazers did well for a half, but let their fleeting chance at an upset blow up at Houston.
9. North Texas: The Mean Green has one last chance at redemption at UL-Monroe.
10. Wyoming: The Cowboys have scored one touchdown in four Mountain West games.
11. UCLA: The Bruins’ four-game win streak against Stanford is ready to end.
12. UNLV: The extra time to prepare won’t help vs. Air Force.
Cleaning up their act: Army, New Mexico State (both won).