1. Alabama: The unbeaten Crimson Tide should be able to put the final nail in LSU’s SEC coffin this Saturday in Baton Rouge.
2. Texas Tech: With two Oklahoma teams on deck, Raiders walk mine field in clown shoes.
3. Penn State: The Nittany Lions have the easiest path to a 12-0 regular season.
4. Florida: After blitzing Georgia, the Gators aren’t through climbing the BCS ladder.
5. Texas: The Longhorns fell eight seconds short of staying unbeaten.
6. Oklahoma: Sooners should handle Texas A&M before showdown with Texas Tech.
7. USC: The Trojans may get tested against an underrated California squad.
8. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys could have the Raiders seeing red in Lubbock.
9. Ohio State: The Buckeyes meet Northwestern probably for the right to play in Pasadena.
10. Georgia: The Bulldogs defense was exposed (to the bone!) by Florida.
11. LSU: The Tigers welcome old coach Nick Saban with venomous intent.
12. Utah: The Utes season is on the line with TCU coming up on Thursday.
13. Missouri: Close call with Baylor won’t be repeated against K-State.
14. TCU: The Horned Frogs may not find unbeaten Utah quite as accommodating at BYU.
15. Boise State: The Broncos’ winning record is tempered only by the weak WAC.
16. BYU: Home cooking and San Diego State are the right recipe for bungling Cougars.
17. California: The Golden Bears should make it hard on Southern Cal.
18. Pittsburgh: The Panthers will find a different Louisville than the Syracuse choker.
19. West Virginia: With a healthy Pat White, the Mounties can play with anyone.
20. Cincinnati: The Bearcats may be in deep with trip to West Virginia.
21. North Carolina: The rested Tar Heels are poised for big ACC push.
22. Kansas: Jayhawks face Nebraska, who circled last year’s 76-39 debacle.
23. Michigan State: Spartans should dispatch Purdue before date with JoePa.
24. Ball State: The Cardinals begin tough stretch run with stubborn Northern Illinois.
25. Tulsa: The Golden Hurricane light up the scoreboard with Houston.