1. Alabama: The Tide has sights set on archrival
2. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders have had two weeks to prepare for Oklahoma.
3. Florida: The Gators host Citadel, which is like having a week off.
4. Texas: ‘Horns can only whip Texas A&M and hope Texas Tech loses either to Oklahoma or Baylor.
5. Oklahoma: The Sooners can cause major problems for the BCS with wins over Texas Tech and Oklahoma State.
6. USC: The Trojans woke up late against Stanford to keep its national title hopes alive.
7. Georgia: The Bulldogs escaped with a win at Auburn and now rest up for Georgia Tech in two weeks.
8. Penn State: Nittany Lions eased past Indiana and can clinch Rose Bowl bid with win over Michigan State.
9. Ohio State: Buckeyes are licking their chops for another whipping of lowly Michigan.
10. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys got past Colorado and now sit back to await Oklahoma.
11. Utah: The unbeaten Utes can win the Mountain West with a victory at home against rival BYU.
12. Missouri: The Tigers were too much for Iowa State and already preparing for the Big 12 title game.
13. Boise State: The unbeaten Broncos will be tested by Nevada and the run-pass threat of QB Colin Kaepernick.
14. LSU: Not many teams can overcome a 31-3 deficit to win, but Ole Miss is not Troy.
15. TCU: The Horned Frogs have had time to heal from the Utah loss, which is bad news for visiting Air Force.
16. BYU: Cougars QB Max Hall found the long pass at Air Force, a weapon he’ll need to beat Utah.
17. Pittsburgh: The Panthers off the rout of Louisville have had two weeks to study tough Cincinnati.
18. Cincinnati: The Bearcats have a better shot at beating Pittsburgh than the Bengals do this week.
19. Michigan State: Spartans can really trample JoePa‘s Rose Garden with a victory at Penn State.
20. Ball State: The Cardinals try to stay unbeaten in a Wednesday MAC goody against Central Michigan.
21. West Virginia: The Mounties have a date at Louisville, a team on the decline.
22. Oregon St: Beavers still in line for the Rose Bowl, but Arizona will be a tough hombre in Tucson.
23. Maryland: The unpredictable Terrapins upset North Carolina to stay in the ACC title chase.
24. North Carolina: The Tar Heels need to beat NC State this week and later Duke to stay alive in ACC title race.
25. Oregon: The Ducks got past Arizona last week and await showdown with Oregon State in Corvallis.