1. Alabama: The Tide is one game away from Florida in SEC title game, but has some unfinished business this week with Auburn.
2. Florida: The Gators get serious after Citadel and face a more challenging test at Florida State.
3. Texas: The Longhorns did beat Oklahoma, though the BCS may soon forget that.
4. Oklahoma: The Sooners need a win at Oklahoma State or the blowout of Texas Tech means nothing.
5. USC: The Trojans will look to gain some BCS style points against hated Notre Dame.
6. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders probably blew their shot at the Big 12 title in a sad showing at Oklahoma.
7. Penn State: Nittany Lions can rest up for a Rose Bowl date against either Oregon State or USC.
8. Ohio State: Buckeyes have another year to boast on their domination of Michigan.
9. Georgia: The Bulldogs will be put to the test at home in Athens against Georgia Tech.
10. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys got a good scouting report on Oklahoma on ABC.
11. Utah: The unbeaten Utes blasted hated rival BYU in the fourth quarter to win the Mountain West.
12. Missouri: The Tigers rested last week for their border war with Kansas.
13. Boise State: The unbeaten Broncos can run the table with a win at home over Fresno State.
14. TCU: The Horned Frogs finished in a blaze of glory after routing Air Force in Fort Worth.
15. Cincinnati: The Bearcats beat Pittsburgh for the first time and are in Orange Bowl with a win over Syracuse.
16. Ball State: Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan and now Western Michigan can claim a loss to the unbeaten Cards.
17. West Virginia: A day late and a dollar short of Cincy for the red hot Mounties and Pat White.
18. Oregon St: Beavers live another day after escaping Arizona and can clinch Rose Bowl berth by beating Oregon.
19. BYU: Cougars QB Max Hall found the long pass at Air Force, a weapon he’ll need to beat Utah.
20. Oregon: The Ducks would like nothing better than to knock Oregon State out of the Rose Bowl.
21. Boston College: The Eagles are back in the ACC title picture after beating Wake Forest.
22. Georgia Tech: The Yellow Jackets hope to do to rival Georgia what they did to Miami.
23. Florida State: The Seminoles will have to play even better against Florida than they did in whipping Maryland.
24. Northwestern: A 9-3 regular season topped off by a convincing win over Illinois deserves a place in our Top 25.
25. Ole Miss: The Rebels easily handled LSU and don’t forget they are the team that beat Florida.