1. Alabama: The Tide had fun with Auburn and now takes on Florida for the SEC title and chance to play for the national championship. 2. Florida: The Gators just took the Swamp to Tallahassee and muddied Florida State. Now they’re out to roll Tide.
3. Texas: The Longhorns did their part in whipping A&M, but they will need support from the voters.
4. Oklahoma: Same for the Sooners, which answered every challenge against Oklahoma State.
5. USC: The Trojans took all the fight out of the Irish and will brutalize Kevin Craft and UCLA.
6. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders had to dig down deep to outlast Baylor and preserve a super season.
7. Penn State: The Nittany Lions should be more inspired about Rose Bowl now that Oregon State is out.
8. Ohio State: The Buckeyes can relax and prepare for a BCS bowl game.
9. Utah: The Utes are still celebrating the victory over BYU to finish the regular season undefeated.
10. Boise State: Imagine if a big bowl goes after Utah and the 12-0 Broncos?
11. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys gave Oklahoma all it wanted before tiring at the end.
12. Cincinnati: Biggest season in Bearcats football history after polishing Syracuse and making Orange Bowl.
13. Ball State: Let’s hear it for the MAC Daddy and a third non-BCS conference undefeated team. Beware, Buffalo!
14. TCU: The Horned Frogs gave Oklahoma its toughest defensive test.
15. Oregon: The Ducks end season on a huge high after bursting Oregon State’s Rose Bowl bubble.
16. Boston College: The Eagles make the ACC title game for the second straight year after topping Maryland.
17. Georgia Tech: The Yellow Jackets missed ACC title game, but beating Georgia worth a lot more.
18. Georgia: The Bulldogs blew a 16-point lead to Georgia Tech is sad ending to regular season.
19. BYU: The Cougars have a month to get over the loss to archrival Utah.
20. Virginia Tech: Hokies found a way to beat Virginia, earn an ACC title berth and get back in the GT 25.
21. Missouri: The Tigers are still in the Big 12 title game, but lost a lot of the luster against Kansas.
22. Pittsburgh: The Panthers were second best to Cincy and better than West Virginia again.
23. Oregon State: Not having their best RB hurt Beavers against Oregon.
24. Northwestern: Rack up 9 wins at Evanston and you’ll make this elite group anytime.
25. Ole Miss: Nobody in the SEC wants a part of them.