U.S. casino operator Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS) plans to resume work in January on its multibillion-dollar gambling resorts in Macau after suspending construction last year amid a massive funding crunch, the company said Sunday. This week Sands will seek to raise more than $3.3 billion from an initial public offering of shares in its casino businesses in the southern Chinese enclave, the world's largest casino market. About $500 million will be used to restart construction on the projects, executives said. The company plans to hire as many as 12,000 workers after 11,000 jobs were cut as a result of the suspension.
|Las Vegas Sands results stimulate gambling stocks|
|Las Vegas Sands loses $123 million in 3Q|
|Sands casino 'steels' show in Bethlehem|
|Las Vegas Sands rises on approval of Hong Kong IPO|
|Also Check out our Race & Sports Section|
Question? Comment? E-mail the staff at: Staff of GamingToday