Fantasy Jack baseball contest returns to GamingToday
March 30, 2017 12:49 PM
by Fantasy Jack
It's that time of year as baseball returns Sunday, so GamingToday is bringing back our fantasy baseball game Fantasy Jack..
This season we have simplified the game even more. Pick one player to hit a home run each day and if you finish with the longest streak of the contest you win $500. Oh, and that's not all, you also would be one of five qualifiers for the year-end prizes.
Qualifiers for the finals will each select one player who goes until they don't hit a home run. First place earns $750, 2nd receives $375, 3rd makes $150, 4th takes $100 and 5th gets one year of GamingToday VIP, an $89.95 value, for free.
Also new this year, we know life gets busy so we are giving you a one day pass if you forget to make a pick. Two days without a home run or a pick, and it's time to start a new streak.
Another added feature is earning an extra pick. Have a friend you think would like Fantasy Jack? Get them to make their first pick and tag us and you. That will earn you an extra player the following day.
The beauty of earning a second player on one day? Only one needs to hit a home run to continue your streak. This works one time per new account. See complete rules for details.
So with cash prizes and simple rules, what are you waiting for? Give GamingToday’s Fantasy Jack a try today on Twitter.
Here is a sample pick of how to make a selection on Twitter:
#Nationals Bryce Harper #FantasyJack @GamingTodayNews
Below are the complete rules for the contest:
@GamingTodayNews #FantasyJack Baseball Contest Rules
1. Anyone who follows @GamingTodayNews on Twitter is eligible to compete in the Contest.
2. The Contest will be run from April 2 through August 31. Participants who qualify during the Contest are eligible to play in the Finals, which will be held in September.
3. To play the Contest, Participants must select one MLB player for their team each day they want to play during the Contest. The objective is to build a streak of players to hit a home run (HR). Participants can use the same players each day or change players any day. Streaks are broken when a selected player does not hit a HR or if a Participant goes two days in a row without making a pick. Participants are allowed to miss one day without breaking their streak.
4. Each time a Participant’s player hits a HR, the Participant receives one point. The Participants with the five best HR streaks of the season gain entry to the Finals. For example, if @vegasberserker has 11 HRs from July 2 to July 14 and that is the best streak of the Contest period, @vegasberserker gets one entry to the Finals.
5. Participants that are tied for the fifth best streak will each gain entry to the Finals.
6. Participants must submit a play each day they choose to play, even if using the same player.
7. A Participant can earn one extra player the following day by getting another Twitter account to make its first #FantasyJack selection and tagging the Participant’s account. For example, once @VegasBerserker has made his first #FantasyJack pick of the season, he can invite @NYFan2017 to put out his first #FantasyJack tweet and tag @VegasBerserker (#Mets Jay Bruce #FantasyJack @GamingTodayNews @VegasBerserker). That would give @VegasBerserker an additional player the following day. This is allowed once per new Twitter participant. For the account to be eligible it must have prior Tweets to show real activity.
8. Participants are only allowed one player each day. If a Participant selects more than one player in a day, all entries for that Participant will be voided that day. This will not apply if a Participant has earned an additional player through Rule No. 7. Participants are not required to enter each day but it is recommended to improve chances of winning.
9. Entries must be submitted each day before the scheduled game time of the game played by Participant’s player.
10. All entries are submitted by tweet and MUST be tweeted EXACTLY this way: #Team Player Name #FantasyJack @GamingTodayNews. Example: #Nationals Bryce Harper #FantasyJack @GamingTodayNews
11. Spelling errors are not held against a Participant but first names or initials are required for a player with the same last name as a teammate. For example: Chicago White Sox players 2B Leury Garcia and OF Avisail Garcia.
12. During the course of the Contest, @GamingTodayNews will release the Twitter handle leaderboard of each Participant positioned in the Top 5 for the Finals. A Participant can have a maximum of two entries in the Finals.
13. Each Finalist will pick one player each day for the ENTIRETY of the Finals. If all entries fail to hit a home run on the same day, the contest will start over for those who were alive at that point. For example: If all entries fail on September 1, the first day of the contest, all five players will get another chance the following day. If only two players remain on September 6 but both fail, those two will get another chance the following day. The game will be played until all three places have been determined or until September 30. The final selections will be Direct Messages to the @GamingTodayNews Twitter account and will be released on September 1. All entries must be in by 11:59 p.m. PT August 31. Players with multiple entries will need to specify the entry number for each group. For example: Entry 1 – #Angels Albert Pujols #FantasyJack @GamingTodayNews; Entry 2 – #Cubs Kris Bryant #FantasyJack @GamingTodayNews.
14. If there is still more than one Finalist remaining at the end of play on September 30, the order of finish for the tied Finalists will be determined by HR run streak. The Finalist with the longest HR streak during the Contest will be the winner and the other Finalist(s) will be placed according to their HR streak. If HR streak does not break the tie, then the tied Finalists will split the prize money equally.
15. The Finalists will receive prizes as follows: 1st place – $750; 2nd place – $375; 3rd place – $150; 4th place – $100; and 5th place – One Year GamingToday VIP subscription ($89.95 value). The best streak of the season will win $500. If there is a tie for longest streak of the season the contestant who was first to set the high streak will win $250. The remaining $250 will be split among the remaining contestants tied for the longest streak.