Hopefully, ESPN’s Scott Van Pelt and Stanford Steve can get a piece.
Last Tuesday, PointsBet announced a unique way of keeping track of extreme heartbreak in the sports betting world with the creation of “The Bad Beat Index.”
The index will be updated and published regularly and will utilize the company’s technology to create an official rankings system for all bad beats.
Currently, the top five Bad Beats of 2019 are:
1. Auburn vs. Virginia -- 4/6/19 (CBB money line)
2. Purdue vs. Virginia -- 3/30/19 (CBB money line/spread);
3. Boston Bruins vs. Leafs -- 4/23/19 (NHL Total)
4. Villanova vs. Providence -- 3/14/19 (CBB money line)
5. Rams vs. Saints -- 1/20/19 (NFL playoffs money line)