Santa Anita Park has announced that it will offer a series of four handicapping contests beginning with the “Santa Anita Double-Down Challenge” contest on March 1 and 2, with first prize to include a guaranteed berth to the $750,000 Daily Racing Form, National Thoroughbred Racing Association National Handicapping Championship in Las Vegas in January, 2015.
The initial offering on March 1 and 2 will be followed by the “Double-Down Challenge II” on April 12 and 13, the “Preakness Day Santa Anita Challenge” on May 17 and 18 and the “Closing Weekend Hundred-Grander” on June 28 and 29.
A $25,000 cash bonus will be paid to the player with the most points accumulated during all four contests. Points will be assigned to those finishing in the Top 10 of each contest.
Santa Anita also offers popular $40 buy-in handicapping contests each weekend, with $800 in daily cash prizes, plus a chance each weekend to qualify to larger buy-in live money tournaments.
The “Double-Down” contest format for March 1 and 2 is as follows:
• Contest will include live racing from Santa Anita only.
• $1,000 “live” bankroll and $500 entry fee ($1,500 total) with 100% of entry fees going to the prize pool.
• Each entry can re-buy (double-down) an additional entry ($1,000 bankroll and $500 entry fee) prior to the first race on Sunday, March 2.
• Win, place, show, exacta and trifecta wagers are eligible for the contest.
• Each entrant must wager at least $100 per race on a minimum of five races over the course of the two days and total wagers for both days must be $1,000 or greater.
Contest details for tournaments in April, May and June are available at santaanita.com.
Contact us at [email protected].