BOISE STATE Broncos
Boise State Broncos over / under 9½ wins
(Note: GT sports editor Mark Mayer will assess the 35 college football teams on the LVH sports book list of OVER / UNDER win totals leading up to the Aug. 30 season openers. Today, the Broncos).
Pleading the case:
• Losses at Michigan State and Southern Miss are certainly possible, but can’t find a third defeat on an easy schedule.
• Though Boise loses a number of key players, being in the woefully weakened Mountain West almost guarantees 9 wins.
• The Broncos have developed a history of reloading instead of rebuilding and will have plenty of time to experiment.
• The Sept. 20 matchup against BYU could be the “money” game and the Cougars have to play on the Blue Turf in Boise.
• The NCAA may be softening its sanctions against Boise State, which will help player morale and the program.
Prediction: OVER. Originally when seeing 9½ on the LVH board we thought UNDER, but 10 wins seems almost a certainty.
2012 Boise State Broncos schedule
Fri, Aug 31 at (11) Michigan State 8:00 pm
Sat, Sep 15 Miami (OH) 4:00 pm
Thu, Sep 20 Brigham Young 9:00 pm
Sat, Sep 29 at New Mexico 6:00 pm
Sat, Oct 6 at (20) Southern Miss TBA
Sat, Oct 13 Fresno State 3:30 pm
Sat, Oct 20 UNLV 3:30 pm
Sat, Oct 27 at Wyoming 3:30 pm
Sat, Nov 3 San Diego State 10:30 pm
Sat, Nov 10 at Hawaii 7:00 pm
Sat, Nov 17 Colorado State 3:30 pm
Sat, Dec 1 at Nevada TBA