NEVADA WOLF PACK
(Note: GT sports editor Mark Mayer will assess the 35 college football teams on the LVH sports book list of OVER / UNDER win totals leading up to the Aug. 30 season openers. Today: Nevada Wolf Pack).
Nevada Wolf Pack Over / Under 8 1/2 wins
Pleading the case:
• The Wolf Pack has a test in the opener at Cal, but it’s not inconceivable that they could be 6-0 heading into the UNLV game.
• Coach Chris Ault begins his 28th season at Nevada, a far cry from all the head coaching turnover at UNLV over that stretch.
• Ault cleaned house in the offseason, hiring a new offensive and defensive coordinator, RB/special teams and OL coaches.
• Nevada QB Cody Fajardo was the WAC Freshman of the Year in 2011. The Wolf Pack is now competing in the Mountain West.
• The receiving corps only had three scholarship players compete in spring camp.
Prediction: OVER 8½. Cal and South Florida are the first two games and Boise State is the finale. In between should all be wins.
2012 Nevada Wolf Pack schedule
Sat, Sep 1 at California Golden Bears 3:00 pm
Sat, Sep 8 South Florida Bulls 3:35 pm
Sat, Sep 15 Northwestern State Demons 7:05 pm
Sat, Sep 22 at Hawaii Warriors 7:30 pm
Sat, Sep 29 at Texas State Bobcats TBA
Sat, Oct 6 Wyoming Cowboys 7:05 pm
Sat, Oct 13 at UNLV Rebels 3:00 pm
Sat, Oct 20 San Diego State Aztecs 10:35 pm
Fri, Oct 26 at Air Force Falcons 8:00 pm
Sat, Nov 10 at Fresno State Bulldogs 10:35 pm
Sat, Nov 17 at New Mexico Lobos 3:30 pm
Sat, Dec 1 (8) Boise State Broncos TBA