Repeat champs not in US Open swag
June 13, 2018 9:06 AM
by Mark Mayer
VIP Golf's Dirty Dozen | The worst in Golf against the spread coupled with bonehead decisions.
Dustin Johnson is Westgate’s favorite to win the US Open at 11-1 odds which show that golf’s greatest showcase in this country lends itself to plenty of excellent betting opportunities.
• The winning Open score at storied Shinnecock Hills is likely to be 5-under par or less.
• There hasn’t been a repeat Open champ since Tiger Woods in 2001-02.
• The Open is the one Grand Slam title that has eluded Phil Mickelson, who finished second to Retief Goosen the last time Shinnecock hosted back in 2004.
• Weather should cooperate although winds could play a factor, particularly in the final round Sunday.
• Garrett Rank at 2000-1 won’t win.