Medley Buffet opens up at The Orleans
November 07, 2017 3:02 AM
by Staff & Wire Reports
Guests visiting the Orleans Hotel and Casino are invited to travel the world without leaving their seat at the newly introduced Medley Buffet.
Drawing inspiration from the highly-acclaimed Medley Buffet at its sister Boyd Gaming property, the Aliante Casino + Hotel + Spa, the buffet at The Orleans boasts an eye-catching new look, global flavors in eight distinct food kitchens, and an abundant variety of unique buffet food offerings.
“Medley Buffet complements the distinctive collection of dining experiences we have recently introduced at The Orleans,” said Mark LaVoie, vice president of food and beverage for Boyd Gaming. “Medley introduces an upscale buffet experience that provides both locals and visitors with another innovative and approachable dining option featuring elevated and impressive cuisine.”
With a contemporary-garden aesthetic, the 22,000-square-foot dining experience seats 596 guests in a modern, cheerful series of spaces with vibrant crimson, coral, and chocolate brown accents.
Showcasing teams of specialized chefs preparing guest’s meals before their eyes with many made-to-order and small plate selections, the buffet blends fresh locally-sourced offerings with the best imported ingredients. The variety of food selections highlight classic American and country dishes, a cutting section of fine meats, rustic Italian, exotic Asian, and more adventurous choices along with rotisserie and smoked tastes.
The eight cooking stations combining hot and cold pairings and small plates in each are:
• Italian: freshly-made cooked-to-order pizzas and pastas;
• Mexican: rotisserie tacos al Pastor, fresh made-to-order tacos;
• American: carving stations featuring bone-in ham, roast turkey, kielbasa and sweet sausage, meatloaf and roast beef along with rotisserie chicken, roasted vegetables and more;
• Seafood: market-fresh fish including crab legs, oysters, clams, mussels, shrimp, and ceviche;
• Asian: Asian, Chinese and Mongolian dishes, including duck and pasta selections, sushi and dim sum;
• Barbeque: house-smoked and broiled meats including brisket, beef short ribs and prime rib with Southern accompaniments such as collard greens, tomatoes, potatoes and cold salad selections;
• Deli: six freshly-made daily soups, salad bar, cheese trays and a variety of cold meats;
• Desserts: selection of mini desserts including pies, cakes, cobblers, house-made sauces and 18 varieties of ice cream along with soft-serve machine.
The buffet serves breakfast Monday through Saturday, 8-10 a.m. and lunch, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Unlimited Champagne brunch is served on Sunday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Dinner is served Wednesday through Saturday, 4-9 p.m. and Sunday through Tuesday, 4-8 p.m. Each Friday night features a specialty seafood night, 4-9 p.m.
Prices are as follows: Breakfast, $11.99 (BConnected $9.99); Sunday Champagne Brunch, $20.99 ($18.99); Lunch, $14.99 ($12.99); Dinner, $20.99 ($18.99); Seafood Night, $31.99 ($30.99).