Palms Casino Resort introduces Asian-inspired Send Noodles
March 01, 2018 2:30 AM
by Staff & Wire Reports
As part of the ongoing $620 million property-wide renovation, Palms Casino Resort will soon unveil Send NOODLES an Asian-inspired concept set to open March 8, 2018. The restaurant will join the latest culinary additions Lucky Penny Café and A.Y.C.E. Buffet on the casino floor and will showcase an authentic and imaginative Asian fusion menu, in an intimate, art-infused environment.
The name Send NOODLES, a play on the colloquialism "send it" or "just saying yes" to something, will also reflect the service in the restaurant in which dishes will be sent out in the order they are ready. Just send it! The restaurant features a robust menu with influences from Mandarin, Cantonese, Szechuan, Japanese, Korean and Thai cuisines as well as creative takes on American and Italian classics using Asian ingredients. Led by Executive Chef Francis Mo, the restaurant will serve vibrant dishes in a lively setting. Chef Mo has traveled the world and proudly brings to task over 40 years of experience in the culinary industry. From China to Japan, Spain to Germany, Mo found his way to the states in 1988 and 17 years later arrived in Las Vegas. He has worked across various high-profile kitchens in the city including Tao, Rice & Co, Andrea's and Yellowtail.
Some of Chef Mo's standout menu items include:
- Crispy Chicken Bao with cucumber, daikon, gochujang, jalapeño and cilantro.
- Tempura Green Beans with spicy aioli, unagi sauce, togarashi and toasted almonds.
- Udon Carbonara a clever take on the classic Italian dish served with udon noodles, peas, cha shu pork, parmesan, and furikake.
- Ramen Mac-N-Cheese ramen noodles, melted cheddar, smoked gouda, cream cheese and spicy rice cracker.
- Dan Dan Mein with ground pork, tofu, cucumber, shiitake mushroom and peanuts.
- Chinese BBQ Noodle Soup with Cantonese thin noodle, choy sum, scallions - choice of BBQ pork, spare ribs or roasted duck.
- Bang Bang Broccoli with crispy, buttermilk-fried broccoli, TRUFF aioli, panko and scallions.
- Nutella Honey Toast with vanilla and chocolate ice cream, honey, toast, Nutella sauce, and strawberries.
Complementing the allure of its cuisine, guests are immediately drawn into the space by two immersive art murals painted by famed Taiwanese-American artist James Jean. The murals titled "Alimental Thread" were created by using acrylic paint and acrylic gouache (an opaque acrylic matte finish paint) and took the artist over 60 hours to complete. James Jean is an award-winning illustrator and painter; he is known as the cover artist for various books published by DC Comics, as well as for his work for films such as "The Shape of Water" and other brands including Prada, ESPN and Atlantic Records.
Located just off the casino floor next to the A.Y.C.E buffet, Send NOODLES will feature seating for 34 guests in the dining space and limited seating at the bar for an interactive culinary experience. Send Noodles will be open daily for lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday. For more information on Send NOODLES, please visit www.palms.com.