Gaming Yesterday | I’ve seen every Super Bowl. To me, the greatest of them all was the first one played on Jan 15, 1967. The NFL and the upstart AFL were bitter rivals. They didn’t like each other and would be happy if the other went out of business.
On The Mark | As the all-time great broadcaster Keith Jackson might have said, “whoa, lemme tell ya about Bristol, Indiana.”
V.I.P. Iskoe’s NFL Football Averages and Rankings lists wins and losses straight up and against the point spread and Over/Under results. Analysis also includes yardage, turnovers and home/road scoring averages for the current 2014-2015 season through Sunday night’s game.
For the second season in a row and only the third time in the past 21 years, the top seeds in both conferences will clash in the Super Bowl. The Seahawks are back this year to face the Patriots, which was the last team to win back-to-back titles (2003-04).
Two New Jersey congressmen are renewing their efforts to allow sports betting in the state. Democrat Frank Pallone Jr. and Republican Frank LoBiondo introduced bills last week taking two different approaches toward the same goal.
So where is the starting point to define 40 years of GamingToday? Why, at the beginning, of course. Chuck DiRocco created the first issue of SPORTS FORM in May 1976 and the all black and white version promoted a full page, front page photo of Honest Pleasure as the favorite for the 102nd running of the Kentucky Derby.
- Follow GamingToday on Twitter
- United's odds take a hit amid transfer rumors
- Tips to narrow down your Grand National selection
- Dortmund moves into early Derby favorite role
- Educated bets on football is where it's at
- Strasburg can still be fantasy ace
- Like GamingToday on Facebook
- Tips for Spotting a Potential Cheltenham Winner
- Mayweather-Pacquiao will set boxing records
- Soccer betting tips: get it from the horse's mouth