Let’s take a closer look at what the BetMGM Massachusetts app has to offer. We’ll also break down the BetMGM Massachusetts Sportsbook bonus code you need to get started.
|💰 BetMGM MA Bonus Code||TODAY|
|💰Type of Welcome Bonus||First Bet Offer|
|💵 Welcome Offer||Up to $1,000 paid back in Bonus Bets|
|⭐️ Best Feature||Easy Parlay, live streaming, live betting odds|
|🍎 Apple App Store Rating||4.8/5.0|
|📈 Google Play Store Rating||4.4/5.0|
|ℹ️ Minimum Deposit||$10|
|🎰 BetMGM's MA Retail Partner||MGM Springfield|
|🇺🇸 States Where BetMGM is Legal||AZ, CO, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NJ, OH, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY - Note: Offer not available in DC, MS, NV or NY|
|✅ Promo Code Verified for||October 2023|
Is BetMGM Legal in Massachusetts?
Yes, BetMGM is legal in MA and allows new users to claim up to $1,500 in Bonus Bets with BetMGM Massachusetts bonus code TODAY.
Retail sports gambling launched at 10 a.m. on January 31, so the BetMGM retail sportsbook at MGM Springfield is also open. MGM Springfield took a total of $57,235.80 in sports betting handle on Jan. 31, with $12,152.56 of revenue.
BetMGM has already established a strong foothold in the professional sports scene in Massachusetts now that online sports betting is live in the state. BetMGM was named an Official Sports Betting Partner of the Boston Red Sox. Last July, BetMGM and Major League Baseball also announced a multi-year agreement for BetMGM to continue to be an official sports betting partner of MLB.
In addition to that deal, BetMGM partnered with NBC Sports for the 2022 NFL season highlighted by weekly integrations on Football Night in America (FNIA) and content across other NBC Sports platforms.
“The debut of sports betting in Massachusetts has delivered an incredible amount of excitement and activity to our retail Sportsbook at MGM Springfield,” said BetMGM CEO Adam Greenblatt. “We’re proud to expand our best-in-class wagering experience statewide during one of sports’ biggest months of action.”
BetMGM Massachusetts Bonus Code for New Users: Verified For October 2023: ‘TODAY’
New bettors can sign up now to claim up to $1,500 in Bonus Bets with code “TODAY”. Now that online sports betting is live in Massachusetts, the site credits will be available to place wagers once you sign up and place your first bet.
- BetMGM Promo Code: TODAY
- Welcome Offer: First bet offer of up to $1,500 in Bonus Bets
- Terms and Conditions: 1x wagering requirement; $10 minimum deposit; no minimum March Matchup odds listed;
- Responsible Gaming in Massachusetts: Multiple responsible gaming tools and resources, including deposit, wager, and spending limits, cool-off periods, self-exclusion programs, toll-free helpline
With BetMGM Massachusetts now accepting bets, it’s quick and simple for users to take full advantage of this opening bonus offer. You’ll be able to register for an account on the BetMGM mobile sports betting app, then enter the BetMGM Massachusetts bonus code “TODAY” when prompted during the registration process. Click here to get started.
To activate the bonus bets promo, Massachusetts bettors have to make a deposit of at least $10.
At this point, the bonus is active. If you win your initial wager, good for you. But if your wager goes south, BetMGM will reimburse you 100% of the value, up to a $1,000 limit. Note, however, that the credit is dispersed in five bonus bet vouchers. Each voucher is worth 20% of the initial bet value.
For example, if your first wager was worth $100, BetMGM will refund you five $20 vouchers to be used on separate bets. This does mean you can’t combine the vouchers for a single wager, but it’s also convenient since you only have to play through the credit once before you can withdraw it as cash once again.
Best sports to bet on at BetMGM Massachusetts in October 2023
While September brings plenty of excitement with the return of football season, October has it all. Whether you’re looking forward to the NFL, college football, playoff baseball, the WNBA playoffs, or the start of the NBA season, you’re in for a big month of sports action. And right now, BetMGM Sportsbook is offering a bonus for new users who sign up in Massachusetts. Here’s what you can wager on at BetMGM MA this month:
- NFL Regular Season: The NFL season is well and truly back, and it’s been a mixed start for the New England Patriots. This month, they’ll take on the Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders, Buffalo Bills, and face the Miami Dolphins for the second time. You can get odds on every NFL matchup at BetMGM Sportsbook, including game lines, props, SGPs, and live bets on every Pats game.
- MLB Playoffs: The Boston Red Sox are all set to finish dead last in the AL East, putting an end to what has been a season to forget for Sox fans. Nevertheless, the MLB playoffs start on October 3 and run until November 4. The Atlanta Braves, L.A. Dodgers, Baltimore Orioles, and Texas Rangers will head into the playoffs as favorites, and you can find odds on every series, plus World Series odds, at BetMGM.
- NCAA Football: College football will be taking up many a Saturday for sports fans in Massachusetts this month. And although you can’t wager on UMass, Boston College, Holy Cross, or Harvard, you can still wager on all the heavy hitters from across the country. Check out all the odds at BetMGM.
- WNBA Playoffs: We’ve reached the semi-final stage of the WNBA playoffs, with the New York Liberty taking on the Connecticut Sun, and the Las Vegas Aces playing the Dallas Wings. While many expected a cruise to a Liberty-Aces final, it’s proving more complicated than that, with the Sun in particular threatening to pull off an upset.
- NBA Regular Season: While the regular season doesn’t start until October 24th, the NBA preseason is starting October 5, and many fans will be spending the month gearing up for the first games of the 2023/24 NBA season. You can already find lots of futures markets at BetMGM, including the Championship winner, and the winner of each division. If you’re a basketball superfan and feeling impatient, check out the BetMGM odds today.
BetMGM Massachusetts Promotions For Existing Customers
As of October 2023, these are some of the current promotions you’ll see at BetMGM Massachusetts.
- Top 3 Racer Insurance — The NASCAR season is underway! And you can use BetMGM’s Top 3 Racer Insurance to get your race-winner stake back (up to $25 in Bonus Bets) if your driver loses but places in the top three.
- NHL One Game Parlay — One Game Parlays are a great opportunity to take your NHL betting to the next level this season! And with BetMGM’s insurance, you’ll receive your stake back (up to $25 in Bonus Bets) if your parlay (of at least four legs and +400 odds or longer) loses by only one leg.
- Refer a Friend — Invite a friend to sign up for BetMGM. Once they do (using your referral link), they’ll get a $50 bonus bet after they deposit money into their account. Then, you’ll also get a $50 bonus bet once your friend bets at least $50. You can refer 20 friends per month. So, if you’re popular, you could get lots of bonus bets.
- Edit My Bet — This is a unique feature at BetMGM that allows customers to change any straight bet or parlay bet that has the Cash Out option available.
BetMGM Massachusetts Sportsbook Review
BetMGM has become one of the most popular sportsbook apps in the US. There are lots of excellent reasons behind its rise as one of the best sports betting sites.
Good Betting Markets and Odds
For starters, BetMGM has terrific betting odds with player-friendly values for both underdog bettors and folks who like to place wagers on the favorite team to win. Naturally, all of this app’s odds are formulated with official league data and professional line-making algorithms. Parlay bets are particularly popular on the BetMGM apps thanks to their high payout potential.
While its market depth and variety aren’t quite as good as those available at DraftKings, BetMGM has a lot of good NCAA betting markets and some solid international choices as well, especially for sports like rugby and Australian rules football. Markets for NASCAR races, MMA fighting, and other industries are available, too.
Flexible Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
Many sports bettors will also appreciate BetMGM’s convenient deposit and withdrawal options. Some platforms only give you a couple of ways to deposit money or withdraw it as cash, but not BetMGM.
In total, you can deposit money using platforms including PayPal and Skrill, credit or debit card transfers, transfers from your bank account, or even PayNearMe terminal deposits. You can also withdraw money using the exact same methods described above. That’s a good thing, as Massachusetts does not allow in-person or retail sports betting yet (so you wouldn’t be able to access a cash cage for betting anyway).
Quality Mobile App
BetMGM is most popular among bettors for its mobile app quality. The app features a minimalist and easy-to-navigate interface. Its excellence is apparent as soon as you boot up for the first time. At the top of the screen, you’ll find well-organized promotional opportunities and the most popular betting lines at the time.
Thus, this app is great for newcomers who haven’t navigated a sports betting app before.
Your betting slip will be accessible at any time simply by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. The app overall has solid, smooth performance and rarely lags, even on days with lots of traffic. Ultimately, the BetMGM Sportsbook is a great choice both for beginner and experienced sports bettors alike.
As of February 2023, BetMGM Sportsbook’s iOS app had 4.8 stars on 142,884 reviews in the App Store. Its Android app had 4.4 stars on 16,956 reviews in the Google Play Store. And it seems BetMGM is responsive to its customers’ mobile app needs.
For instance, BetMGM replied to several of the recent negative reviews posted on the Google Play Store, either directing them to contact a specific email address or actually answering their question/addressing their concern in the reply.
How To Sign Up With BetMGM Massachusetts and Claim Bonus Offer
With legal online sports gambling now live in Massachusetts, placing a bet with BetMGM or any other mobile sportsbook should be quick and easy.
- Start by clicking this link to register for BetMGM’s welcome offer: Claim the BetMGM Massachusetts bonus code offer.
- Register for an account and input identity-verifying information.
- Next, you can fund your account by connecting a debit or credit card, an electronic wallet account, or a linked bank account. Be sure to deposit at least $10 to claim the bonus bets offer. Deposit $1,000 in order to maximize the full value of bonuses available to you.
- The BetMGM MA Sportsbook bonus code is automatically applied when you click our sign-up link. If asked, input the promo code “TODAY“.
- Next, download the BetMGM app on your iPhone or Android device. Android users will be pleased to know that BetMGM is now available at the Google Play Store, so you don’t need to visit a desktop site and download it.
- Allow the app to download and install on your device. It will also install geolocation software to ensure you’re placing bets from a legal location.
- Now, you can navigate to the betting market or line of your choice through the BetMGM Sportsbook and start wagering.
- If you win, you can withdraw your winnings at any time by visiting your BetMGM wallet.
- If you lose, you’ll receive the full value of your initial wager in bonus bets.
BetMGM Massachusetts Cash Out Options
At the BetMGM online sportsbook, you can Cash Out a bet early to guarantee winnings before the final result, minimize losses, and/or increase your account balance immediately without an additional deposit. Available for some single and parlay bets, Cash Out pays you a portion of your potential winnings based on the live betting action at a particular moment.
With a single bet, that moment might be at halftime or in the third quarter of an NFL game. For a three-leg parlay bet, that moment might be after two games hit but before the third game is played.
Types of Bets Available on BetMGM Massachusetts
Here are some of the sports betting types you will be able to find once BetMGM Sportsbook launches in Massachusetts:
Moneyline — Pick a team or individual to win and, if they do, you win your bet. If they lose, you lose your bet. This is true for every sports. Boxing. Lacrosse. Baseball. Football. Basketball. You name it. This is also the same: The favorite is listed with negative odds (-150) and the underdog has positive odds (+150).
Spread — Spread bets revolve around the final score and margin of victory. For instance, if the Boston Red Sox are favored by 2.5 runs (-2.5) against the Los Angeles Angels (+2.5), betting on Boston to cover would mean it needs to win by 3 or more runs. Taking the Angels to cover would mean they need to lose by 2 or fewer runs or win.
Total — A total bet, also known as an Over/Under bet, has to do with the total runs or points scored by both sides of a contest. If a New England Patriots vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers game has an O/U of 52.5 points, for example, taking the Over would need you’d want the teams to combine for 53 or more points, and taking the Under would need them to combine for 52 or fewer points.
Props — A prop bet focuses on a specific outcome during a game, and it can be a player prop or a team prop. If, for instance, the Boston Celtics are playing the Orlando Magic, you could make a prop bet on the Celtics leading at halftime, or a prop bet on Jayson Tatum making five or more 3-pointers.
Futures — Future bets are all about end-of-season results, so they’re quite popular wagers in the preseason — when all futures odds are relatively long. You could place a futures bet on the Red Sox winning the World Series, or on Marcus Smart winning NBA Defensive Player of the Year.
Parlay — Parlays are bets that have multiple legs, and all legs must hit in order for the overall parlay to win. These come with potentially high payouts, but also long odds. BetMGM occasionally offers parlay insurance promotions, where you’d get some sort of refund if all but one leg of your parlay hits. You can make a Same Game Parlay with BetMGM, although it is a One Game Parlay or OGP. With an OGP, you make your parlay bet with legs all from one game. BetMGM also offers its Easy Parlay tool, which makes it easy to assemble parlays on spreads, totals, and moneylines from a variety of sports and leagues.
Live betting — Also called in-game betting, live betting happens when you place wagers on aspects of a game as it’s being played, with odds fluctuating depending on what’s happening in the game. Live betting is quickly becoming one of the most popular forms of sports betting, as it adds an extra level of excitement and strategy. It’s important to have a good internet connection because odds can change fast.
Teasers — A teaser bet is a wager where you can “buy” a better line, but the bet must be part of a parlay. For example: The standard teaser buy in NBA betting is 4 points, so you could shift the spread of a Celtics game from 3.5 points to 7.5 points and keep the same odds, but you’d have to place that wager as part of a parlay. The most common buy in football betting, meanwhile, is 6 points.
Alternative lines — BetMGM offers multiple lines with varying odds on select games throughout a variety of sports and leagues.
What to Expect From BetMGM Retail Sportsbook
The BetMGM retail sportsbook in Massachusetts launched on January 31 at MGM Springfield.
The casino resort 80 miles west of Boston has two modern upscale sports betting lounges and a betting area at TAP Sports Bar. In total, there are 18 sports betting kiosks in the casino, as well as eight betting windows.
In the largest of the three sports betting areas, there are theater-style seats, a bar, and a bank of 40 HD TVs.
Is BetMGM Massachusetts Sportsbook Right For Me?
Why would bettors choose BetMGM over other mobile sportsbooks available in Massachusetts now that it is live?
Although there are lots of online sportsbook operators out there these days, many of them simply port their desktop sites to mobile platforms and it shows. BetMGM Massachusetts will be different in that its mobile app is designed for mobile functionality and intuitive navigation from the ground up.
There isn’t any quirkiness or buttons that are too small like you might find with mobile apps whose interfaces are derived from desktop platforms.
Smooth Live Streaming
BetMGM is one of the best mobile apps for live streaming and in-play betting. Many sports bettors love these types of wagers since it allows you to put money down in the middle of the action, and watch your bet unfold on screen much more quickly than normal.
Fortunately, BetMGM’s live-streaming interface is smooth and functional, even on heavy traffic days. Just keep in mind that the in-play bets offered here are formulated with odds derived from line-making algorithms rather than people. Furthermore, only some types of wagers are available for in-play bets, like prop bets.
BetMGM is also noteworthy due to its ongoing promotions. Many of these are focused on upcoming gaming events for specific sports leagues, such as the “Money Monday” promotion. This opt-in promotion allows players to enjoy regular extra bonuses, like $10 bonus bet vouchers and similar goodies.
BetMGM, being a broad gambling entertainment company, also has a long-term loyalty program that you’d be smart to join if you plan to use this app regularly. The loyalty program allows you to earn points and prizes as you use the mobile sportsbook and visit BetMGM casinos or other locations.
Alternatives to BetMGM Sportsbook in Massachusetts
If you’re looking for an alternative to BetMGM, or simply want to use multiple sportsbooks to “line shop” for the best betting odds, we recommend checking out these options:
BetMGM Massachusetts vs. DraftKings:
- DraftKings Sportsbook MA should set itself apart from other Massachusetts apps with its incredibly deep menu of sports and leagues to bet on. From Korean baseball to cornhole, DraftKings has it all. This Boston-based sportsbook is also expected to give MA bettors a high-quality mobile experience and a lucrative welcome promo that’s worth up to $1,250 in bonuses at DraftKings MA.
BetMGM Massachusetts vs. FanDuel:
- FanDuel MA will likely be DraftKings’ main competition once both launch in Massachusetts, although BetMGM (with MGM Springfield manning the retail space) could make some noise. FanDuel leads all sportsbooks in terms of US market share. Its standard welcome promo is a No Sweat First Bet up to $200. FanDuel has become known for its market-setting odds and universally liked mobile app.
BetMGM News Updates
In January 2023, BetMGM provided an update on performance and outlook for 2023. BetMGM is well positioned to achieve net revenue from operations of between $1.8 and $2 billion in FY 2023 and be EBITDA positive in the second half of 2023.
- BetMGM opened four new retail sportsbooks: Nationals Park in Washington, DC, Casino del Mar in Puerto Rico, The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, and at State Farm Stadium, the first retail sportsbook at an NFL stadium and home of the 2023 Super Bowl.
- BetMGM launched in Ohio on Jan. 1, 2023, with online sports betting and two retail sportsbooks at MGM Northfield Park and at the Reds’ Great American Ball Park.
BetMGM Latest Stock QuoteMGM Resorts International 36,76 +0,33%
What Can I Bet On at BetMGM Massachusetts?
With sports betting now live in Massachusetts, bettors can tap into one of the country’s major leagues and top sports markets, including Boston’s five professional sports franchises:
- The New England Patriots (NFL)
- The Boston Bruins (NHL)
- The Boston Celtics (NBA)
- The Boston Red Sox (MLB)
- The New England Revolution (MLS)
What First-Time BetMGM MA Bettors Should Know
Now that BetMGM Massachusetts is available to MA bettors, here are five things you should know:
- Bonuses won’t be the same for every bettor. Sportsbooks often vary their promos in different states. They will also offer different types of bonuses depending on how frequently the customer places wagers on the app.
- You lose your original bet with bonus bets. If you place a regular bet of $100 on -200 odds and it wins, you’ll get $150 back — your original stake of $100 plus the $50 winnings. However, you’d only get the winnings back if the $100 bet was a promotional bonus bet.
- Be mindful of playthrough requirements. Playthrough requirements tell you how much you’ll have to wager in order to reap the full be benefit of your welcome bonus. Fortuntely, BetMGM Massachusetts has just a 1x playthrough requirement for its bonus offer.
- Double-check odds boost promos for parlays. You’ll find that, every now and then, you’ll actually get longer odds if you manually assemble your parlay than if you just take the boosted odds offered via the promo.
- Bonus bets can’t be used for other promotional bets.
Massachusetts Sports Betting Updates
Sports betting in Massachusetts became legal when Gov. Charlie Baker signed legislation into law on Aug. 10, 2022. Massachusetts joined both Maine and Kansas as states to legalize sports betting in 2022.
A total of six sports betting apps went live on March 10, 2023 in time for March Madness 2023. Retail sports betting in Massachusetts went live in January 2023 at three casinos. Those three casinos pulled in a total of $510,948.04 in sports wagers on Jan. 31, according to the MGC.
BetMGM Massachusetts Bonus Code FAQ
Yes. BetMGM launched in Massachusetts when online sports betting apps went live in the state on March 10, 2023. You can also bet at the BetMGM retail sportsbook at MGM Springfield.
You can bet both online and in person with BetMGM in Massachusetts.
Now that online sports betting is live in Massachusetts, you can access BetMGM Massachusetts via your web browser or you can download it on your mobile device. From there, you’ll sign up and register, provide some personal and financial information, take advantage of the bonus offer using BetMGM Massachusetts bonus code TODAY, and start betting.
BetMGM Springfield’s retail sportsbook opened January 31 and accepted $57,235.80 in sports wagers that day.
BetMGM is already legal in Massachusetts for both online and in-person betting. Online sports betting in Massachusetts was up and running as of March 10, 2023. The BetMGM retail sportsbook at MGM Springfield opened January 31 and reported a one-day revenue of $12,152.56.
Yes, as long as you’re in a state where BetMGM Sportsbook is legal, you’ll be able to place a mobile bet on the BetMGM app.
No. You don’t need to be a Massachusetts resident to bet using the BetMGM Massachusetts app. You just need to be within state boundaries. That includes up to three miles off the Massachusetts shore into the Atlantic Ocean.
Yes, BetMGM has one of the best live betting platforms in the industry due to the speed and strength of its app.
You can download the BetMGM mobile sportsbook app on iOS, Android, and desktop devices.
BetMGM is a regulated and licensed sportsbook. Offshore sportsbooks are unregulated, and as a consumer, you’ll have no recourse if a dispute arises regarding a payout or anything else in the future.