The NFL offseason has been more exciting to watch than some teams were last season. With a parade of talented quarterbacks changing teams (and some staying with their current ones) and some key additions on offense (i.e., Robert Woods for the Titans, Allen Robinson for the Rams, JuJu Smith-Schuster for the Chiefs) and defense (i.e., Von Miller for Buffalo) several teams have seen their betting odds at sportsbooks to improve dramatically.
With the 2022 NFL Draft now come and gone, the rosters are probably not going to change too much more. But with a handful of games already announced and the rest of the schedule due to get released on Thursday (May 12), bettors will have something other than Super Bowl 57 odds to focus on soon.
NFL Sports Betting Odds
Create your own free online squares game for the conference championship games along with the Super Bowl.
NFL Odds - News And Updates
Current NFL Championship Odds
There have been quite a few impactful moves made during the offseason from the usual free agency acquisitions to an unusual plethora of trades involving marquee players. Some caused odds to improve for their new team while subsequently making their former teams’ odds get worse.
The following are some of the more impactful trades:
- April 28-30: Nine trades took place in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft; there were a total of 35 during all seven rounds. Many teams did select some players that could have an early impact, but odds boards did not move because of the draft.
- March 23: The Kansas City Chiefs traded Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins.
- March 21: The Indianapolis Colts acquire Matt Ryan from the Atlanta Falcons.
- March 19: The Tennessee Titans acquire Robert Woods from the LA Rams.
- March 18: Deshaun Watson gets traded from the Houston Texans to the Cleveland Browns.
- March 17: The Raiders acquire Davante Adams from the Green Bay Packers.
- March 16: Denver acquires Russell Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks.
- March 16: The Colts trade DB Rock Ya-Sin to the Raiders for Yannick Ngakoue.
- March 16: LA Chargers acquire Khalil Mack from the Chicago Bears.
- March 16: Dallas trades Amari Cooper to the Cleveland Browns.
- March 16: The Colts trade Carson Wentz to the Washington Commanders.
Other significant moves include:
- Tom Brady coming out of retirement to rejoin the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Bucs resign Leonard Fournette and Chris Godwin.
- Aaron Rodgers deciding to stay with the Green Bay Packer.
- Buffalo Bills signing Von Miller.
- Cincinnati Bengals acquiring four new offensive linemen.
- Pittsburgh Steelers sign Mitchell Trubisky after Ben Roethlisberger retires.
- Denver Broncos steal Randy Gregory away from the Dallas Cowboys.
- Chiefs sign JuJu Smith-Schuster.
- Rams sign Allen Robinson.
- Falcons sign Marcus Mariota after trading Matt Ryan.
- Saints decide to bring Jameis Winston back.
Buffalo Bills (+650 at DraftKings Sportsbook)
It was not always pretty in 2021 for Josh Allen and the Bills. But when push came to shove– they almost got it done in the playoffs. While they will undoubtedly be in the conversation in 2022, whether they go all the way may depend on Josh Allen’s involvement in the run game.
Kansas City Chiefs (+1000 at BetRivers Sportsbook)
Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs are still the most electrifying offense in the NFL– but they need something more. Teams have not figured Mahomes out, but it is not as hard to slow him down as it once was. Like the Bills, they could use a better run game, and it would not hurt if their defense did not need half the season to warm up.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+750 FanDuel Sportsbook)
As much as we expect 40+-year-old players to retire, when Tom Brady did, it just didn’t feel right. The man played too well last season to call it quits. Yes, there is something to be said about walking away while you can still walk, but– it’s Tom Brady. One more time? As it turns out, he agrees. Let’s go!
Green Bay Packers (+1100 at BetMGM Sportsbook)
With Aaron Rodgers staying in Green Bay for the immediate future, it should not be shocking that the Packers’ odds improved. Losing Davante Adams hurts, but the Packers could find Rodgers a new one (or two) in the draft if they are so inclined.
Los Angeles Rams (+1000 at BetRivers Sportsbook)
While the offense has yet to resign Odell Beckham Jr., it did add another solid weapon in Allen Robinson. With a healthy Cam Akers in the backfield next year, the offense should be as potent as ever.
Sportsbooks With The Best Football Odds
NFL betting at DraftKings Sportsbook offers just about any kind of wager a bettor might look for. In the offseason, NFL lines at DraftKings Sportsbook include player futures, team futures, and NFL Draft prop bets.
The DraftKings Sportsbook welcome bonus comes as a 20% deposit match up to $1,000 plus new bettors can also get a $50 free bet with a $5 deposit. Bettors in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Colorado, Iowa, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, and New Hampshire can bet online at DraftKings Sportsbook.
BetMGM branding adorns the stadiums of multiple NFL teams, and the online sportsbook’s offerings center around a robust selection of NFL betting markets.
Aside from every NFL regular season and playoff game, BetMGM extends betting markets to include NFL Draft props and team futures.
Caesars is one of the most legendary names in gaming and when they purchased William Hill in 2021, they expanded their sports betting footprint across the US. The expansion includes online sportsbooks operating in several states.
ESPN and other sports media outlets often refer to the NFL betting lines at William Hill, as the brand functions as one of the standard-bearers in the NFL sports betting market. This will continue under the Caesars Sportsbook branding.
BetRivers functions as the iGaming arm of gaming giant Rush Street Interactive. NFL lines at BetRivers Sportsbook include a wide selection of in-game betting options and player props.
The BetRivers welcome bonus presents one of the most player-friendly offers in the US sports betting industry. Your first deposit is eligible for a 100% deposit match up to $250, with just a 1x playthrough requirement.
FanDuel Sportsbook offers an extensive selection of NFL lines. NFL betting at FanDuel Sportsbook includes moneyline, point spread, parlay, in-game, props, and several other ways to bet.
FanDuel Sportsbook welcomes new players with a risk-free bet up to $1,000.
NFL Super Bowl Betting Odds
Futures bets on the Super Bowl simply task bettors with picking the winner of the next Super Bowl. Sportsbooks offer futures markets on the Super Bowl winner all the way up until the final two teams are determined in the NFL playoffs. However, after the Super Bowl ends, sportsbooks do not waste time posting the opening odds for the next Super Bowl.
Those odds are subject to change due to a variety of factors, of course. The odds at FanDuel following Week Three are as follows:
Super Bowl LVI Futures Odds (FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Team||Odds To Win Super Bowl 57|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||+700|
|Green Bay Packers||+1100|
|Kansas City Chiefs||+850|
|Los Angeles Rams||+1200|
US sportsbooks use American odds to display NFL betting lines. American odds are denoted by a “+” or “-“ sign in front of the odds.
To calculate “+” American odds, divide the odds by 100 and multiply that result by the size of your bet. For example, a $50 bet on the Los Angeles Rams (+1300) line would calculate as (1,300/100)*$50, which yields a result of $650.
A $50 bet on the Rams, if they won the Super Bowl, would return $700 to the bettor ($650 profit plus the original $50 bet).
Bookmakers at each sportsbook set the futures odds on the Super Bowl, which can dramatically change throughout the season. Injuries, trades, acquisitions, and surprise turnarounds can alter the futures odds throughout the regular season.
NFL Playoff Betting Odds
The NFL stands as the most popular sport in the US, and pro football betting activity ramps up when the playoffs come around. You can find NFL playoff odds at all legal US online sportsbooks.
The NFL playoffs use a single-elimination format, unlike the best-of-seven series format used in the NBA, MLB, and NHL. This format leads to some of the most anticipated games on the sports calendar, as each team’s season is on the line in every game.
Sportsbooks often offer NFL playoff odds boosts and other special promotions come playoff time to accommodate the heightened bettor interest.
NFL Game Odds
A typical week in the NFL could include up to 16 games on the schedule. Sportsbooks offer NFL game lines such as point spread, totals, and moneyline bets for each game.
NFL moneyline bets task the bettor with picking the winner of a game, with no point spread involved. Point spread bets add points to the underdog’s final score or subtract from the favored team’s score.
Totals (aka over/under) bets ask the bettor to pick whether the final score will end up over or under a given number.
Parlays allow you to combine multiple bets on one ticket. The potential payout odds on a parlay increase with each added bet, but all bets on the ticket must win for the parlay to win.
Aside from betting on individual games, sportsbooks also offer NFL futures odds throughout the season. NFL futures odds can include bets on the Super Bowl, conference, or division winners. Player futures odds can consist of markets like the NFL MVP and Rookie of the Year.
NFL Live Odds
Live betting, aka in-play betting, allows you to wager on a game that’s already in progress. In-game/live betting lines can change every few seconds, as the sportsbook can adjust the odds after every play.
Many legal online sportsbooks offer live betting. At DraftKings Sportsbook, for example, you can find all available live markets by clicking on the “Live In-Game” tab from the main lobby.
Clicking on that tab brings up all available in-play bets at a given time. You can toggle between sports on the horizontal menu below the “Live In-Game” tab.
While human bookmakers set most of the lines at a sportsbook, the rapidly-changing live betting lines are calculated by computer algorithms.
Placing NFL Prop Bets
NFL player props offer wagers on player statistics, awards, and even where a player is selected in the NFL Draft. A typical NFL player prop on statistics, for instance, could come as a bet on whether a superstar running back like Tennessee’s Derrick Henry will rush for over 100 yards in a game.
NFL Rookie of the Year odds arrive on sportsbook menus immediately following the NFL Draft. NFL MVP odds, like Super Bowl futures odds, come out right after the Super Bowl ends.
BetRivers, for instance, set Patrick Mahomes (+500) as the favorite to win the 2021-22 NFL MVP award immediately following the 2020-2021 Super Bowl.
What To Look For On An NFL Betting Site
More than a dozen states now offer legal online sports betting. Regulated mobile sports betting apps offer the chance to shop for NFL lines from anywhere within a legal state.
The best NFL betting strategies involve shopping for lines across multiple different online sportsbooks. The NFL game picks you’re looking for might be available at more player-friendly odds at some sportsbooks versus others.
The US Sports Betting section here at Gaming Today presents an exhaustive outline of which online sportsbooks are legal in which states. You can use Gaming Today as a resource to compare the welcome bonuses, user experience, and quality of the different legal sports betting apps available to US bettors.
NFL Gambling Bonus Offers
Deposit Match Bonus – A deposit match bonus matches a percentage of your first deposit with bonus betting credits. BetRivers, for example, gives players a 100% deposit match up to $250 as a welcome bonus. The BetRivers deposit match requires just 1x playthrough to unlock the full bonus.
Risk-Free Bet – A risk-free bet refunds your first bet at an online sportsbook if it loses, up to a certain amount. FanDuel Sportsbook, for instance, presents a risk-free bet up to $1,000 as a welcome bonus.
Referral Bonus – Bringing your friends to an online sportsbook can sometimes put money in your pocket. DraftKings Sportsbook awards $100 in free betting credits for every player you get to sign up for a new account.
How To Sign Up For An NFL Betting App
Before you can put Gaming Today’s NFL betting tips to the test, you must sign up for at least one (or more than one) online sportsbook account. The steps to making your first legal mobile sports bet include the following:
- Finding an online sportsbook – Check out the US Sports Betting guide here at Gaming Today for the latest on promotions, betting markets, and online sportsbook launches across the US.
- Downloading a mobile sportsbook app – Most legal online sportsbooks offer their platforms as Apple Ios and Android apps. Apple device owners can find sportsbook apps in the App Store, while Android users can download apps directly from a sportsbook’s website. The Google Play store recently approved legal gambling apps, but it might take a while for the top US sportsbook brands to get their apps on the Google Play menu.
- Registering for a new account – Most sportsbooks require first and last name, along with a valid email address, the sign up for a new account. You’ll need additional proof of age and identity to make your first deposit.
- Making your first deposit – Once the sportsbook verifies your identification documents, you’ll enjoy access to several different remote deposit options. Some of the most reliable deposit methods include ACH/eCheck, PayPal, and the Play+ Prepaid card.
- Claiming a welcome bonus – Check in with Gaming Today for updated promo codes for each legal US online sportsbook. These promo codes unlock the welcome bonuses at the sportsbook.
- Placing bets – Legal online sportsbooks offer comprehensive selections of sports and ways to bet. Online sports bets require just a couple of clicks for the wager to appear on your betslip. Once you’ve inputted how much you want to bet on a particular line, confirm the wager on the betslip and send it through to the sportsbook.
FAQs About NFL Odds And Picks
Yes. Legal sportsbooks operate in about half of all US states. Online sportsbooks offer betting in more than a dozen states, including New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Colorado.
All of the sportsbooks featured here at Gaming Today offer extensive NFL lines throughout the season and even the offseason.
All sportsbooks employ bookmakers, who work as sports betting experts that set the lines for all betting markets. Super Bowl odds can change significantly throughout the season, as each NFL campaign can play out quite differently than what anyone expected.
Immediately after the previous Super Bowl, legal sportsbooks start offering futures odds on the next year’s Super Bowl immediately after the NFL championship game ends.
You can check out a sportsbook the Monday after a Super Bowl and find futures odds on the next Super Bowl.
Yes. Futures odds on the NFL Draft are offered around the calendar at legal online sportsbooks.
FanDuel Sportsbook, for instance, installed Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence as the favorite to go No. 1 in the 2021 NFL Draft, and that bet paid off as the Jacksonville Jaguars drafted Lawrence.
Yes. Note that DraftKings Sportsbook and the DraftKings daily fantasy sports platform function as different products. Only DraftKings Sportsbook offers NFL betting.
Yes. You can click on the “Live” tab at the top of the FanDuel Sportsbook lobby to bring up all available live NFL odds at a given time.